Actinic Payments & AMEX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments & AMEX ?

For some wierd reason Actinic says that to accept AMEX you have to have (and pay for) an additional Actinic Payments account.
    Surely this can't be right. AFAIK isn't needed for any other PSP (and certainly isn't for secpay).

Can Actinic check and explain please?

To accept Amex you must have an Amex merchant account. Amex Merchant accounts can be obtained directly from Amex and in some cases through the primary acquiring bank although this tends to be more expensive. In either case, a direct connection to Amex is established by Actinic Payments and a separate Actinic Payments account must be set up for which there is the normal charge.
    Mike

Edit: Here's the link in case anyone wonders where it says this: http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/pa...-how.htm#cards
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Weird. That certainly wasn't mentioned to me and we definitely had at least 2 discussions about AMEX!
    Tracey

Comment

I'll try and get a definitive statement on this. I believe that it simply means a one off set up payment of £10 for an additional merchant number, but I'm not 100% sure.

It definitely doesn't mean another £20 (or whatever) per month, so I agree that the wording is confusing.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X