X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best payment gateway?

Hi

Which is the best payment gateway?

I want to start using a payment gateway and would be very keen to hear users experiences (good and bad) with:

- Protx
    - Worldpay
    - Paypal
    - Secure trading

If there is any I should def use or avoid please tell me ASAP.

Also if anyone can recommend a good merchant bank for the internet merchant account, I should be very grateful.

Thanks

P

They're all fine - until they break down. All of them have had issues in the past, and they all will again in the future.

I'd advise having more than one, so that when ones fails, you can quickly and easily switch to the other.

Your business banking adviser should be able to tell you about internet merchant accounts. Ours is with HSBC and we use HSBC E-Payments and Protx. As a general rule, you need to have been trading successfully for some time before they will grant you a merchant account.

That's why many people start off with WorldPay (we did) or PayPal. You don't need a merchant account for these two.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Sage words Jules

They are all much the same (but make sure you compare the % rates etc as they may vary) and indeed, having more payment options helps you when one goes down and of course gives you customer more options to pay you.

Regards
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

dont forget the new actinic payment option, some debate but free set up for a while
        http://www.actinic.co.uk/payments/
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
        X