HSBC, no address details when using separate delivery address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC, no address details when using separate delivery address

I have a site which has custom countries setup to offer various UK locations as shipping destinations. These have the UK2, UK3 & UK4 tax codes in place. When a customer selects one of these and does not ship to a separate delivery address, they work perfectly and as expected.

If a customer selects to ship to a different delivery address, the problems start. No address information is passed to HSBC, completely blank and site owner is forced to match in order number Actinic to the HSBC details.

I have read quite a few posts regarding this, some with some conflicting info. About 18 months ago Tracey mentioned that you cannot have separate custom countries setup as HSBC need ISO codes and do not use the 'country' field. However, this does not seem to be the case as i now have it working fine apart from when separate delivery address is selected.

There has also been quite a few mentions of FraudShield and the effects that can have if not correct, however HSBC have mentioned that is not the problem, on the problem transactions (the separate delivery ones), they are not being passed any info at all.

If something was not setup correctly, i'd expect a failure on all transactions, the fact that it fails on only separate delivery sales leads me to believe, there might be an Actinic issue. Has anyone come across this before or can shed any light on a stupid mistake by me.

I promise i searched the forum, i even used my own problem solvers thread - fat lot of good that did me. Oh and it's http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ before I get asked for the URL.

Thanks.

Hi Lee,

If either of the 'country' fields in checkout (invoice or delivery address) are free text fields then the address information won't be passed across as HSBC require country codes. To do this you must set your 'Tax' to 'Tax by Invoice Address'.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks Tracey, i will give it a go and report back.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X