Problems with Actinic Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Actinic Payments

I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Actinic Payments.
    I've had problems from start till.....

At first it didn't work at all and was told I had to wait a couple of weeks for MC & Visa to register my account for 3D-Secure so I had to switch this part off.

2 weeks later, still not working so contacted support again. After a couple of days of bouncing emails, support told me it was fixed. So I put a tester through and the noticed the 3D-Secure part now worked but the final page was really hanging for a good minute or so.

got this message from support;
    "One of the nodes in the webMIS (admin.actinicpayments.com) system is experiencing some problems and has been removed, all traffic is being routed to other nodes.
    It is possible that some customers may have experienced slow response while this was being dealt with."

But today i've got customers telling me about errors which i can't replicate;
    "I have twice attempted to give my visa debit card details through
    >> your payment gateway but encounted a problem which gives me a 404
    >> error page on trying to submit my card details."

So i'm wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their AP 'Solution'?
    ________
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi,

I would assume from the lack of responses that no-one else has had customers reporting a 404 error. The WebMIS system was experiencing problems but is now fixed and is also separate to the actual payments platform so this shouldn't be what's causing the problem. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you contact support so they can investigate this further.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

To be honest it could simply be the ISP the person is using, i know people that can not access certain sites. Virgin seem to be the root of this problem for them

Comment

I could name several other ISPs who are running with incomplete DNS tables, AOL being one, ukonline is another....

Comment

AOL being one
          the worst in the business - if a potential client comes to me who is on AOL I refuse to do any work for them unless they change.

Comment

AOL - LMFAO for years i have had a ermmm dislike you might say but i see i am definately not alone - i think my dislike started years and years ago when they started messing with ie and in the end caused nothing but grief with pc's but then they obviously moved on from there

Comment

As much as we dislike AOL we still have to live with it.

As much as we can educate clients not to use AOL in a business environment, we all face the issue that our clients ecommerce stores are still goingto be browsed by customers using AOL.

Comment

I would place aol in the same class as a virus. It takes over a users pc and locks them into a world controlled by aol. True we have to live with shoppers who use aol but in my books aol and the others are not worth working with if you are trying to run an online business.

New users of actinic are more used to software running on thier desktop so if it goes wrong they can blame the software. But they now have actinic which runs on their desktop BUT now has all these other outside factors that can break it. They can sometimes understand the concept of how a psp works because they can see the money moving about but they have real problems with ISPs and servers because they cannot see what they do. To them a website is like a word document - I've printed it so it should work mentality.

Things like call backs do go missing and it's all part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                  it's all part of the game.
                  GAME Nooooooooooooo please dont tell theres a half time aswell

Comment

Working...
                  X