SECPAY - AAaaaaaaaargh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SECPAY - AAaaaaaaaargh

Talking to SECPAY is like talking to the North Koreans. Last November I mistakenly followed a link from a page where Actinic recommended payment providers - I signed up with Secpay for our Actinic Express site THEN I realised that we had to be an internet merchant.

OK, my problem, my mistake, so I wrote to SECPAY and told them I'd dropped a blong, please cancel the mistake, my fault, sorry to have wasted your time, etc etc, no hard feelings....

They ignored me and took £11.75 out of our bank account for the next three months. As soon as I noticed, I told the bank not to pay them anything ever again, no matter how much they pleaded, and wrote to SECPAY again asking them to refund the £35-odd.

They ignored me and in fact a few weeks later they started sending me email invoices telling me to get in touch and set up a direct debit!

I even got a telesales call asking me how I was getting on. So I told them, and about 15 minutes later while I was still in full flow, they put the phone down on me.

So I wrote to them again, this time telling them that I was going to send my brother in law Chris and three of his brawny mates round to collect the £35 with a baseball bat, and telling them that we didn't want to be customers, never had been etc etc etc

They EVEN ignored this! Today I got yet another email request for an invoice so I rang them up and rather lost it with them. I told them in no uncertain terms to cross us off the list and that I wanted my £35 back.

They've now sent me a customer service ticket by email.

UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE

I can't emphasis this strongly enough. They have the customer service skills of Al Quaida. No barge pole is long enough for these people. I would rather cut my toes off with a rusty knife and serve them up on toast to next door's cat.

So. SECPAY

You have been warned....

Hi Steven,

I've usually found Secpay to be quite helpful, although they are now under new ownership having recently been bought by Paypoint.

I'm not clear on what your initial problem was. Presumably if you're running a site on Actinic express you are an internet merchant so that should have been OK.

I've been with Secpay for several years now so can't remember the exact details, but presumably when you signed up with Secpay you committed to a minimum contract period. Could this be your problem?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X