Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code for card payments with paypal pro web site payments

Hi,

A just sorting out the payment side of my website and have desided to use paypal pro facilities to handle our 'on-line' payments.

Purchased shared SSL from Ancinic, entered the required information into our site and all looked well. However, when customers try to pay via card, the following error message appers:

An error received from PayPal Pro Website Payments. Try again or select a different payment method. The error was: Invalid merchant information: 10501-This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Any ideas?

Theres a lolly up for grabs if anyone that can help? The same kind of nice lolly you used to get for handing in a clean plate at Little Chef... mmmmm lollies

Did you read through this:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30200

Comment

Hi,

Yep, viewed this and all seems to be set up ok!

Comment

I didn't think you could run PayPalPro with shared SSL - you need you own dedicated SSL cert

Comment

Thanks for the response, this is in the setup guide.

SSL with Paypal Pro
          SSL is not mandatory with Paypal Express Checkout, however it is necessary for Paypal Direct Debit because it makes you capture credit card details on your site so you should use SSL (Actinic shared SSL, or an SSL cert) to be secure. As they come in a bundle SSL is required.

Is this not the case now with Paypal pro?

Comment

Ok i might be wrong. For some reason i thought PPP would only work with a ded SSL cert. Maybe it will work with actinic shared ssl.

time to ask actinic support!

Comment

Will do Jo.

Thanks for your help I have had nothing but excelletn help and advice on here.

Comment

Was this problem ever resolved as I have the same problem and have spoken to both Actinic and Paypal without success.
                Thanks Roy

Comment

You aren't giving us much info to work with...

URL?
                  what kind of SSL?

Correspondance/feedback from Actinic?
                  Correspondance/feedback from Paypal?

Comment

Thanks for replying Jo.
                    THe site is under development and as it is the first time I have used Actinic I wanted to check if everything worked OK before going further.
                    The URL is www.naturalgame.co.uk only two products are listed at present for testing. Actinic asked for a snapshot and agread everything was set up OK and said speak to Paypal. I am still wating for Paypals Merchant Account Intergration Dept. to come back to me (2 Days).
                    There is no ssl configured at present.
                    Thanks Roy

Comment

Working...
                    X