One click processing and Actinic payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One click processing and Actinic payments

Today is my first full day with Actinic Payments.

I use one click processing and have the "create full payment" box checked.

I have just processed a batch of orders which have dutifully gone into completed orders as fully paid but when I check actinic payment reports, these are all showing as uncommitted.

If I now try to commit their payment on the order, the order shows excess payment.

I have then tried to void the initial uncommitted payment. This corrects the overpayment but shows the payment as voided on the payment report.

How can I correct this?
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Hi Graham

I suggest you de-select 'Create Full Payment' in 'Business Settings | Order Processing'. That way, the order will only be completed once you click the 'Commit' button the order.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I had sort of fathomed that would be what I need to do.

Any idea how to deal with the order that I tried voiding?
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

If the payment is voided, it's voided. It will not be paid for, and you won't have the money.

The first thing you can do is edit the payment history (via 'View | Payments') to remove the initial 'Payment Received' entry that was created when you did the one-click completion.

The next thing you need to do is click the 'Pay' button to take payment again for the order.

Comment

luckily I've just stumbled across this thread by chance so have the last weeks worth of payments to sort (only just started using one click order processing as I thought it was faster )

As this is a known issue with payments, would it be too much to ask for Actinic to email all the Actinic Payment customers with a warning about it

Comment

Christina

I agree that the fact that 'Full Payment Received' is selected by default in 'Business Settings | Order Processing' is confusing, and I'll be raising a bug to warn people about this if they are using Actinic Payments.

If you had chosen to take payments immediately in Actinic Payments, then One Click Completion would work fine as the payments will already be set as 'Full Payment Received'. The fact is that when using pre-authorisation there is one extra step. You need to click a button in the order to tell Actinic Payments that you want to commit the payment for that order. No PSP can accept 20 commits in one go - so it's a limitation, I agree. But clicking a single button is still a lot quicker than firing up a browser, logging in, searching for the transaction, editing the details and then committing the payment.

I'll discuss this with the management team anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
              If the payment is voided, it's voided. It will not be paid for, and you won't have the money.

The first thing you can do is edit the payment history (via 'View | Payments') to remove the initial 'Payment Received' entry that was created when you did the one-click completion.

The next thing you need to do is click the 'Pay' button to take payment again for the order.
              I have restored the payment history entry back to:

Status - Pre Authorised(PSP)
              Transaction - Authorised

This has corrected the outstanding amount however, both pay and commit buttons are still faded.
              I have checked the payment record at actinic payments and there is no commit option there.
              Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Have you got Actinic Payments set to take full payment or be pre-authorised?

Comment

Hi Chris,

I can see your point about the technical aspects but still think there should be a warning.

Actinic Payments is a great system but seriously let down by the fact that there was no "idiots guide" provided, unlike the acres of documentation for catalog.

It is simple to use but those of us who aren't techies get a bit nervous with new technology, particularly when credit cards are involved! The whole application process & admin backend has required guesswork to get up & running.

So my wish list for new AP customers would be a simple guide (too late for me now, but trust me your customers will be thankful!) & any serious known issues such as this bug are notified by email to your customers

Comment

Pre Authorised Chris
                    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by christina View Post

So my wish list for new AP customers would be a simple guide (too late for me now, but trust me your customers will be thankful!)
                      I completely agree with this.
                      Some sort of documentation essential
                      Tracey

Comment

OK - I've added this article to the knowledge base and I'll discuss with the rest of the team whether there is anything we can do to add the 'Commit' feature into the set of functions carried out by 'One-Click Complete'.
                        Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 11:23 AM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

Graham - can you contact Support about this. They will need to log into your control panel to check your orders.

Comment

Shall do, although the invoice is only £11 so if it starts to look like hard work I shall let him have it and put it down to the cost of my error.

Thanks
                            Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to report Chris,

I have hung on a few times for support and left a message for them to get back to me. No joy.

I shall delete the order.
                              Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X