Paypal Payments VS Paypal Express Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Payments VS Paypal Express Checkout

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have tried and searched for it already, but no joy.

I want to add Paypal to our website. But I am not sure what are the differences and benefits from using Paypal Payments Standard and Paypal Express Check out.

Could anyone help me please?

Elliott
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Hi,

The main difference is that with Express checkout your customers can bypass the Actinic Checkout process and go directly to Paypal's website to enter their details and pay, whereas with 'Website Payments' the customer has to enter address details on the Actinic site and is not passed across to Paypal until the end. For more details on their services I suggest you take a look at the Paypal website.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

Thank you Tracey for your replay.

I still can not decide what one to go for.

Do you know what one people use the most?
      I know they get used for different things.
      What one would you recommend to use.

Elliott

Comment

Website payments about 2,000 times to pro used once would be my expected usage ratio.

Comment

Pro also requires an SSL cert

Comment

Hi
            Thank you for your quick replay.

What about Paypal express. Do People use is much?

So the best one is Paypal Website Payments

Regards

Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by JGLIGHTING View Post
              So the best one is Paypal Website Payments
              Best is down to opinion, it's by far the most popular as most people use it as a backup method to their main PSP. It is free to setup, the most well known payment method and around 15-20% of sales will use this method if offered.

I have no idea what express is, sounds like another name for Pro. Get yourself a PSP and have website payments as a backup/2nd choice would be my advice.

Comment

reading tracey's reply Express is where you click on the paypal button next to theproduct, same a thegoogle checkout button,then you go striaght off to pay.

website payments iswhen you allow the shopper to put stuff in the basket, go through actinic checkout andthen choose which psp to use.

so if you have a choice of psp then websitepayment, if youhave only paypal as psp you may want to consider express.

the advantage of express is the new initiative by PP to allow people to search the www for products using express

the advantage of webpayments is you allow people to selct psp in checkout so ifyou prefer people to use your other psp because its cheaper this is the option

Comment

Hi

Thank You all for you help and advice.

As we do not have a PSP yet and we do need one to meet the PCI DSS COMPLIANCE

Can any advise me on good PSP.

We have about 20 to 30 orders a month and they range from £80 to £200 each.

I would be looking to and Paypal Web payments and as a second choice

Elliott

Comment

several choices

protx
                    actinic payments
                    worldpay
                    secpay
                    secure trading
                    hsbc

aforum search will tell you more as everyone has their favourite. you should speak to each one to get rates as this may influence your decision

Comment

Here's a thought.

Use a steady PSP - something like HSBC or Protx, both have, in the grand scale of things, very low rates. Paypal, in comparison, charges very high rates. There's pro's and con's for using Paypal as a primary option, but the con's certainly overpower the pro's.

Firstly, with Protx, you pay approx £20-25 quid a month. Paypal? You're looking at anything from 4.9% to 1.9%.

To gain the very lowest fee band on Paypal, your sales have to exceed (last time I checked) £15k per month.

So, does paying £25 plus CC fees and using a less 'branded' PSP sound all that bad? We're in the top band for Paypal, yet we use(d) it as a secondary payment method. The majority of Paypal spenders were those paying for very low value items (<£30). Minus Paypal fee + Transaction fee, you'll be lucky to get £28.

My advice - don't bother with Paypal Express, and use a regular PSP as your main PSP, with Paypal (Website Payments) as a 'backup', secondary option

Comment

Hi

PayPal is much more accepted than it was with market share growing, see http://www.internetretailing.net/new...yments-options I do use it as a second PSP option to PROTX and have found the proportion of PayPal payers is growing significantly over the last year. As has the percentage of "print out and forward with cheque" customers.

I have seen at least one thread on adding a PayPal Express button directly to the shopping cart on this forum so if you are worried about % dropout using the current exstended Actinic checkout that may be an option.

Google checkout is on the horizon in V10 but market share and customer loyalty is low at the moment, but that may be worth waiting for if you have a reasonable Adwords spend.

Regards

Nigel
                        Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

If Paypal express bypasses the Actinic Checkout are there any issues regarding delivery addresses in the Actinic console
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse
                          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

If Paypal express bypasses the Actinic Checkout are there any issues regarding delivery addresses in the Actinic console
                            No, these fields are returned from PayPal and downloaded with the order.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Psp

Hi
                              Does any know of a PSP that hold pre authorised card details for about 2 weeks or more.

On are website a lot products we have to order in and it's takes about 1 to 2 week or longer if we have to import it.

And we don't like taking the money until the goods are shipped.

Or is there a different way of doing it.

Thanks

Elliott
                              www.jglighting.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X