GBP & EUR currencies in Authorize.net - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP & EUR currencies in Authorize.net - please help

We are in the process of integrating Authorize.net with a site for one of our US clients (www.qpjewellers.com). The site is in GBP and will also soon be in EUR, as all of the customers will be purchasing from the UK and Europe.

However, I am receiving the following error when trying to submit payment in test mode with a valid UK credit card:

"The supplied currency code is either invalid, not supported, not allowed for this merchant or doesn't have an exchange rate."

Having searched many forums on this I have read mixed reports, some saying that Authorize.net supports only USD and some stating that it supports 140 currencies (see http://www.actinic.com/e_commerce/authorize.html). One thing is clear though, that a little modification to either OCCAuthorizeNetScriptTemplate.pl or SimHMAC.pm can successfully convert the currency to USD to be supplied to Authorize.net at the current exchange rate.

It is something related to "my $x_currency_code". I am not very familiar with Perl so I don't really want to risk messing the script up. I've already tried a few modifications but the error message remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Hi,

Was the site created using the UK or the US version of the software?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

It was created with the UK version of the software. I had to add the Authorize.net payment method manually, taken from the US version.

Matt

Comment

Unfortunately, we can't support that as Authorize.net is a US PSP and was only integrated into out US software.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X