X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal express US states transfer

Hello
    Two questions
    I am using catalog 9.03. I use Protx, but I am also using Paypal website payments so I can make use of Paypal Express. I ran it for a couple of weeks and then took it off until I found how to stop paypal echeques. I then reinstated it.

When first installed all orders were charge transactions immediately, now only the Paypal express charges immediately, Whilst there is a box to change between pre auth and charge now for Express there isn't for Website payments, any idea how I get to cahneg between charge now and pre auth for website payments?

When customers order from the US using Paypal Express the US state is being incorrectly transferred. Virgina VA for instance is coming back as Vatican City & Illinois as Israel. zipcode is in the right place, and the country is shown as United States. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

As far as I'm aware the 'Paypal Website Payments' method should only charge transactions immediately. Can you confirm that there isn't anything set in your Paypal account for this?

Also, can you just check in your 'site folder/CommonOCC/OCCPaypalNVPTemplate.pl' file that you have:

Code:
    if ($bAuthorize)
    {
    $Self->SetParam("PAYMENTACTION", "Authorization");
    }
    else
    {
    $Self->SetParam("PAYMENTACTION", "Sale");
    }
    (Search on 'if ($bAuthorize)'). This should appear twice in the script. Make sure that they are this way around and not 'Sale' before 'Authorization'. This should be the default in v9.0.3.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey, Thanks for your reply
      First thing- my mistake it was the PAYPAL express that was preauthing.
      checked 'site folder/CommonOCC/OCCPaypalNVPTemplate.pl' on my computer and it was as you indicated. Didn't check it on the website, just decided to do a website refresh in case something was corrupted. This made no difference, so ticked the box to preauth transactions, and see if that made a difference. Loaded it up and the Express transactions are now being charged straight away, so I'll settle for that unless you advise otherwise. Have to admit i am still using 9.0.3 IKNA, was hoping not to change it till after Xmas as everything was going well (at least until I disabled/enabled paypal).

Comment

Hi Mark,

Just to confirm that I've understood this correctly, if you select 'pre-auth' for Paypal Express' it charges it immediately and vice versa?

Are you using the US version of the software? I obviously need to get this checked out to see if it's a bug or not.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hello Tracey
          UK version. Yes it's working back to front. However it was working OK when I first installed paypal 2 months ago. I took it off for a week, and then decided to put it back on once I had got rid of echeques (that was done on the paypal website and is the only change I've made). The information had been retained in Catalog so I did not reenter anything, and it worked OK apart from this aspect.

Comment

Hi,

What version were you using when you first installed Paypal (was it v9.0.2)? Did you re-instate Paypal after upgrading to v9.0.3?
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry for slow reply (Been busy- Hurray at last!)
              It was first implemented in v9.0.2, ran OK, Upgraded in v9.0.3 Beta
              at begining of October- I didn't do anything, paypal still ran ok. Took paypal off end of October, reinstated a week later it was then that paypall express started preauthing, and the us states started coming out as countries (the US state thing is still happening). I'm still only on the Beta-
              Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear that you're busy.

I'm not sure how turning Paypal off and then turning it on again a week later would cause this problem if nothing has changed. It is very wierd. Can you post your url please.

then took it off until I found how to stop paypal echeques.
                How did you do this?

I'm still only on the Beta
                Can I suggest that you upgrade to the live version and refresh your site just in case.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X