Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments - Refunds

Hello,

A customer has contacted us today because their credit card has been charged twice using Actinic payments. As this was beyond the last 100 transactions I cannot find the original transaction to refund the duplicate.

Has anybody found a way round this other than downloading the report and extracting the customers details, to then refund online using the terminal?

Regards, Robert
    Robert Johnston
    www.gentlemans-shop.com

Can you not look it up on the completed order tab and then on the payment tab there should be the payment history from which you can issue a refund if due.
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Keep an eye on this.
      Make sure you have this transaction recorded twice before refunding.
      Sounds obvious but there's a reason I'm saying it.
      You definitely need to be checking it through an admin report though, to make sure.
      Tracey

Comment

In theory, yes...

On the Actinic payments report I downloaded we have two orders with the same reference, but charged for two seperate amounts within 3 minutes. We downloaded one order with the correct amount charged and were only aware of the duplicate when the customer recieved their bank statement.

The duplicate charge does not exist in our Actinic software, but has been processed by Actinic Payments, it is on the management report as well.

Regards, Robert
        Robert Johnston
        www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Yes, make sure that the payment has actually gone though twice, maybe even ask to see a copy of the customers bank statement..

Tracey, cheeky question but as you use AP do you get many issues where someone places the order twice thinking the first time has been unsuccessful, what do you do, we currently just delete the second order but what happens to the pre-auth on the customers card, does it just sit there for so many days? should we be voiding the second orders payment before deleting it? What do you do?

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

I don't get that happening, Wesley.
            Firstly, I don't use pre-auth so can't comment there but also I tend to get (too) many customers whose first attempts don't go through but never duplicated ones in this respect.
            Tracey

Comment

is there two of me!
              wes
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Oops. Sorry Wes, it was Daron who asked that!
                That's what comes of skim reading on my phone!
                Apologies!!
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
                  is there two of me!
                  wes
                  Yep, cloned you, sorry.. just Tracey losing it I think! She'll blame it on being Friday no doubt

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Originally posted by parklifeclothes View Post
                    Yep, cloned you, sorry.. just Tracey losing it I think! She'll blame it on being Friday no doubt
                    Oh I have all sorts of excuses
                    Tracey

Comment

no, she blame's her phone, thats a new one!!

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Working...
                      X