Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I take Payments from Actinic?

Hello everybody,

I am completely new to and am just evaluating a trial version of Actinic and I was wondering... after someone has placed an order on my website (when I built it that is) and I've pulled that info off with the customers details, how do I get that money into my bank account? Do I use a PDQ machine or is there another way of transferring the money to my account using the customers card details?

What methods are proven to be the best and most cost-effective with Actinic software?

Many Thanks. James.

you will need to use a payment solution provider such as actinic payments, protx, HSBC, payal, worldpay etc

plenty of info in this forum if you search

also search on PCI

cost will depend on turnover, average transaction value - you will have to contact psps for this

Comment

PSPs are the way forward. If you search the froum, it will give you and idea of who people are using.

They're the simplest way for you to process credit/debit cards and the only way (without an awful lot of effort) you would be classed as PCI-DSS compliant.

Many users have at least to PSPs to give customers and option. Actinic Payments is well worth looking into IMO

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Paypal is the easiest to setup and test, if you have a paypal account then your already halfway there, all you need to do is transfer to your bank.

For bigger sites with regular transactions then a full PSP would be better as both Rich & Jo have mentioned. Actinic Payments is shaping up to be good, still has some rough edges but tis getting there

Comment

Thanks for your quick replies there guys! I'll have a look into those and do a bit more research.

Comment

If you are, or thinking of becoming, a member of the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses, not Russia's Federal Security Service), you will be entitled to transaction discounts an free merchant account set up from Streamline.

If you read a few threads, that would probably come up anyway!

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Will I need an internet merchant bank account with Actinic Payments? If so, are there any other PSP's where you don't need one, other than Paypal?

Comment

WorldPay is an alternative where you don't need an internet merchant account.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Will I need an internet merchant bank account with Actinic Payments?
                  Yes you would need a merchant account to use Actinic Payments, I use Streamline (with no set-up fees through the FSB deal)
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

humm
                    when i asked about paypal before exmas i was told it was not
                    PCI-DSS compliant

no iam relly confused

Comment

there are different levels of paypal, from my understanding paypal pro is not, im sure someone here will correct me

Comment

I just had a look at the thread you posted and Lee was saying that PayPal Pro will not comply. Searching the forum for "PayPal Pro PCI DSS" turned up a lot of threads that confirm Lee's statement.

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

so the paypal express is OK ?

just thinking to use this for temperory as i got to get this sorted before we get slapped,

will use AP in the end just need to set it all up

But I have never had anything from Cardsave or Streamline regarding the DSS-PCI, and they do know about the CNP as i have to fill in a form and we stated 90 % of transactions was CNP

Comment

so the paypal express is OK ?
                            Yes, that and the PayPal Website Payments are PCI-DSS compliant. PayPal Pro (PPP) will only be compliant if your hosting server is complaint too, because when using the 'direct payments' part of PPP your customer stays on your website to enter the card details rather than going across to PayPals secure server. You would also need to have SSL enabled.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

THANKS

Went for PayPal Website Payments

but now regretting it, ( mind you only been 15 hours or so)
                              Normal friday walk into 20 orders got 1,
                              will give it a good test and leave it till over the weekend if it dont work it be back to the old way till i get AP and merchant account

sorry if i highjacked thread buts its all connected

Comment

Working...
                              X