Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netbanx and 3D secure

Just looking at setting up a PSP
    We are with card save for our over the counter sales and have contacted them about taking online payments.
    They use Netbanx which is 3d secure, now this is not something i am up to speed with
    I can see how this is better for stopping fraud but my concern is customers will get to the page where they have to enter a password and just back out of the transaction, this is based on 2 things

1: most of my customers are aged 16- 21 and don’t know if they know how to use 3d secure
    2: I can never remember the password i use on my card

They say i can remove the 3d but this will cost 0.5% more per transaction and + 10p per debit card.

The rates they have offered me are
    £50.00 set up fee
    £17.50 per month up to 200 transactions and then 10p for any over 200
    OR
    £30.00 per month up to 400 transactions and then 8p per one for over 400
    1.79% on credit cards, 24p for std debit cards and 25.5p for visa debit

What are your thoughts, do any of you use Netbax / 3Dsecure and found drop outs on the cart
    Are the Rates given ok
    Any help or advice would be good

there will come a time in the near future where you won't be able to back out of 3d secure so its probably better if you get used to it now. it is designed to combat fraud, in the future i suspect websites that don't use it will become targets and the banks will simply charge back to the merchant

Comment

I know where you are coming from Jo but it is my customers who have got to get used to it and i am not sure how ready they are.

What happens if say the customer is outside of the UK like the USA or Norway will there bank support the 3D

why i say this, i have just come back from Florida and they dont use chip and pin so how would somone from the usa comming to the uk get on

Edit:

Just been on the phone to Netbax very very helpful.
      If the card holder’s bank supports 3D then they get passed to the 3D secure page, but if there bank does not support it then it like any other transaction. So Billy bob in the USA can still use our site

Comment

Have you looked at Actinic Payments?

It's more highly integrated with the software (for instance you can refund directly from the order screen) and is £20 per month for 350 transactions, with other higher and lower packages available too.

Of course I need to declare a bias

Chris

Comment

don’t know if they know how to use 3d secure
          This was true this time last year but as jo says its pretty standard now and anyone who shops online will have seen it and its just another thing that will become standard as part of online shopping. Its the sites that dont use it that will suffer.

I almost stopped shopping on the Goodwood Motor racing website lastnight beacuse it looked like I was not going to be shown the 3d secure page - any site that looks like it downloads card details I leave.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
            Have you looked at Actinic Payments?

It's more highly integrated with the software (for instance you can refund directly from the order screen) and is £20 per month for 350 transactions, with other higher and lower packages available too.

Of course I need to declare a bias

Chris
            I have been looking into this as well but i would still need a online merchant account to use the actinic payments.

So it would be
            £20.00 a month for Actinic + ££ for the online merchant if i have that right ?

Comment

Originally posted by PJ ENG View Post
              I have been looking into this as well but i would still need a online merchant account to use the actinic payments.

So it would be
              Unless you choose WorldPay, who offer an all-in-one solution, all the choices will require you to have an online PSP AND a merchant account
              Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by PJ ENG View Post

So it would be
                you need a merchant acct for netbanx too.

As tracy says all psps withthe exception of worlpay require you to have a merchant acct.

there are 2 types of processing with worldpay one with merchant acct and one without.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                  you need a merchant acct for netbanx too.

As tracy says all psps withthe exception of worlpay require you to have a merchant acct.

there are 2 types of processing with worldpay one with merchant acct and one without.
                  For the £17.95 that card save are offering that inc a merchant account, if you want to use sat actinic payments you can by card save charge £8.95 per month for the online merchant account, so this would end up costing us £28.95 per month.

Comment

Working...
                  X