PROTX website description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX website description

I'm setting up PROTX's VSP form with our new shop and I presently have the payment method set to display PROTX only. When the customer reaches the area where they have to select the payment method, currently the following is displayed:

Payment Method: PROTX SECURE CARD TRANSACTIONS

Now I could be wrong but I'd imagine not a lot of people would know who PROTX are, has anybody felt the need to change this message?

OT: I'd also be keen to hear about your experiences using 3D secure. Talking with friends, Barclay’s staff and PROTX staff, everyone seems to agree that it's a royal PITA.

My own experience with 3D secure was to find I'd been charged three times for car insurance after it took me three attempts to remember my password and even though the first two attempts were refused, I still received three insurance policies!

Speaking earlier to a PROTX tech, he said a shops customer had contacted him today following 6 failed attempts to remember their password, which had resulted in the customer being charged 6 times in total!

Surely this isn't how the system should be working?
    Regards,

Nick Churchill
    www.oliverslighting.co.uk
    Olivers Online Shop
    Working within SellerDeck V11

Follow this:

Settings > Business Settings > Payment and Security

Edit the Protx 'Web Site Description' as you see fitting.

IMO it does need to be changed if you are using more than one PSP for different cards. Ie. Protx for Credit/Debit cards, Paypal for Amex - state this: "Protx - Credit/Debit Cards" "Paypal - American Express". This is how I did things once upon a time until Protx offered the Paypal integration.

3D Secure? Search the forum and you'll get a laugh. GAViN™© loves payment security, PCI-DSS, etc, check out his involvement and battles with payment security.

Comment

Thanks Grant, I knew where to edit it, just interested to see if anybody else does.

I'm presently in the process of reading previous posts about 3D secure, it seems a true balance of love/hate. I look forwad to reading GAViN™©'s battles.
      Regards,

Nick Churchill
      Olivers Online Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Thanks Grant, I knew where to edit it, just interested to see if anybody else does.
        Personally, yes, always.
        Tracey

Comment

FYI If you want to accept Maestro then you have to use 3D secure.
          "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

can i ask why you prefer protx over actinic payments,
            we use both and actinic payments is nicely integrated, its good to have one as aback up especially at peak times of year
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
              FYI If you want to accept Maestro then you have to use 3D secure.
              Correct, but in my experience I think it's flawed, as do members of the companies I mentioned above.

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
              can i ask why you prefer protx over actinic payments,
              we use both and actinic payments is nicely integrated, its good to have one as aback up especially at peak times of year
              I spent a long time last year working out what was going to suit our needs, PROTX came highly recommended. I think at that time, Actinic payments was in its infancy and going through teething problems. Although I'm only now in the process of setting up the payment gateway, I've invested a lot of time reading how PROTX is setup and I presently don't have any intention of swapping to another provider. If I had to make another shop (God forbid) I'd certainly look at Actinic again.
              Regards,

Nick Churchill
              Olivers Online Shop

Comment

Working...
              X