Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Issue

Hi there,

One of my clients site is running paypal only via a paypal business account,

When you get to the checkout and click on the paypal button it used to give you the option of adding your creditcard details or signing in via your paypal account.

Now it only allows people to sign in or create a paypal account which is causing a drop off in sales.

Has anyone else noted this?

Thanks,

Neil

Just checked one of my sites and the option to pay with credit catd on the paypal site is still there, acct type is "Business"

Don't have a PayPal account?
    Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue
    VisaMastercardPayPal CreditCardAmerican ExpressSwitchSoloVisa DeltaVisa Electron

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply.

Having dug around a bit it seems the client had accidently deleted their email address from the account! :-)

Comment

I am trying to set up Paypal as a backup option, but getting same problem. When transferred to paypal no credit card option is available on business account even though this is selected.

Have trawlled through the Paypal entries on here but cannot find anything.

Any suggestions?
        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Hi Alan,

My issue was that the email I had entered into Actinic no longer existed in the paypal account due to human error.

All I did was re-enter the email address in PayPal and everything worked fine.

I'd also check for typos etc.

Good luck.

Neil

Comment

I have already double checked the email addresses and settings at both ends but still no joy.

Paypal are useless because they only offer email support and "canned" resolutions without bothering to understand the problem.

Hoping someone else has solved this before.
            Alan Johnson

Comment

Perhaps it's because of browser caching or the PP cookie.
              If PP recognises that there is a PP account asssociated with the email address then it may force you into using the PP account instead of a CC.

Try using a different computer or browser.

Comment

I thought it might be cookies. Tried deleting cookies, tried different PC - still no joy.
                Alan Johnson

Comment

Have you checked this setting in your PayPal account? :

(login)
                  Website Payment Preferences
                  PayPal Account Optional: On

"About PayPal Account Optional - When PayPal Account Optional is turned on, your customers who are new to PayPal will no longer be required to create a PayPal account to complete a purchase - they will go through an alternative checkout and will have the option to sign up afterwards. Customers who already have PayPal accounts will continue to enjoy the privileges of those accounts, such as payment history and integration with eBay Auctions, and their checkout experience will remain the same. This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons. Note: If you have enabled Auto Return and have chosen to turn on PayPal Account Optional for new users, a new user will not be automatically directed back to your website, but will be given the option to return."
                  Kenny Fraser
                  http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

Working...
                  X