HSBC Secure ePayments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Secure ePayments

Hi All, I am new to this part. We already have got a merchant account with HSBC so that I am guessing HSBC Secure ePayments is a better choice. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if HSBC offers competitive price...
    In addition, I am not sure if3D secure is same as MasterCard Secure code and Verified by visa. Don't understand what's diffenrence between them. I think HSBC offers the latest security along with the famous brand, but in the website not mention 3D secure.

Any help would be appreciated

Prices will vary dependant on the number of transactions, average value of transaction plus your own trading history etc etc thus you will need to ask them to quote. Since you already bank with HSBC you may find them to be the best option, but it is worth looking at others

ie actinic payments - prices at http://www.actinic.co.uk/payments/

or protx/sage payments, secpay, netbanx, worldpay

Comment

HSBC e-payments will obviously work fine. However, you can use any of the main PSPs with an HSBC merchant account and Actinic.

Actinic Payments is more fully integrated with Actinic. You can void, refund, commit (after an authorisation), take additional payments on existing orders, take payments for telephone orders and view fraud checks all within Actinic. With other PSPs you need to go to their virtual terminal and enter additional information. So there is big benefit when you have a lot of orders.

Obviously, being from Actinic, I'm biased. But I do believe that the facts stand up well on this one.

Chris

Comment

A little bit of non bias advice (I'm not the CEO of Actinic!)

Actinic Payments is by far the easiest method of taking payments that I have encountered in my 10+ years of internet trading. Because all of the information about the payment is available with the order it not only saves time, but also reduces/eliminates any confusion. It is also very reassuring to be able to easily review the results of the various fraud checks and in v904 extra fraud checks are being introduced which I am looking forward to trying out.

Although you already have a HSBC merchant account (as do I) you will not be able to use this merchant number with a PSP. You will need to get a second merchant number for ecommerce and a third for MOTO if you decide to use that (I don't). Whilst I have an excellent rate for my HSBC PDQ terminal, when it came time to get the ecommerce merchant number, HSBC were less than generous with the rate IMHO. On the recommendation fo the FSB, I contacted Streamline who were exceptionally helpful and offered an excellent rate (better for FSB members).

I only have one critisism of AP which has been raised in other threads. This is to do with the online reports and interface ***provided by creditcall*** which are a bit slow.

Comment

Very sound advice from Bentleybloke.

I'm in similar situation i.e been with HSBC for 3 years now, both eCommerce as well as instore PDQ. I'm finding HSBC ePayment quite expensive and therefore moving to Streamline as my eCommerce Merchant provider with Actinic Payments. For inStore PDQ, HSBC matched the streamline FSB rates so decided not to move that side as yet.

Nilesh

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions and information. They are very helpful. But I still don't understand what's difference between 3D and MasterCard Secure code & Verified by visa. Are they same things? In the HSBC website, it doesn't mention 3D secure.

Comment

this maybe of help to understand it
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verified_by_Visa
              "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

what's difference between 3D and MasterCard Secure code & Verified by visa. Are they same things?
                Yes.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We have been with HSBC for about 7 years in our retail shop and have decided to take the business online. Having spoken to HSBC today, they are unsure if they can offer us a second merchant account as they have to test our website and visit the premises before they can make any decision.

Has anyone else experienced this with HSBC?

Our other websites (in the signature) all use Bank of Scotland and were set up as new business' with no problems what so ever.

I am now thinking of trying someone like Streamline and may move the retail shop over to them as well.

Does anyone know if this situation is likely to arise with Streamline as well?

Many thanks

Jason
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
                    Having spoken to HSBC today, they are unsure if they can offer us a second merchant account as they have to test our website and visit the premises before they can make any decision.
                    I didn't have that problem with HSBC, they were just unreasonable regarding the fees. Although I admit I was less than happy with the telephone sales team.

Streamline on the other hand was a totally different kettle of fish. Very helpful guy nothing too much trouble, dealt with Actinices before and knew who creditcall were. I'll dig out his number tomorrow let you know.

Comment

That would be appreciated as HSBC were putting a lot of hurdles in the way.

Kind regards

Jason
                      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                      Zirconium Rings
                      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I've posted this before, but the tread seems to have been deleted.

Kevin Dalton 01423 700547

He's very helpful and articulate.

If you're a member of the FSB, Streamline offer a discounted rate.

Comment

we have been using HSBC for pretty much 5 years now. we had only two issues with them when the payment system went down.

we have some decent rates from them (if you are FPB member you get a discount). as the number of transactions is not huge we havent bother look around

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                            In addition, I am not sure if3D secure is same as MasterCard Secure code and Verified by visa. Don't understand what's diffenrence between them. I think HSBC offers the latest security along with the famous brand, but in the website not mention 3D secure.
                            MasterCard Secure Code and Verified by Visa are the MasterCard and Visa Card implementations of the 3DSecure specifications. I would be surprised if HSBC Secure Payments didn't offer 3DSecure.

Comment

Working...
                            X