3D secure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D secure

Been corresponding over last couple of days with Cardinal Centinel who will be providing 3D secure for processing card payments through PayPal and they are currently talking to Actinic developers to implement the system before it becomes obligatory, certainly for Maestro cards on Jan 1st next year. As far as I am concerned it can't come soon enough. So please everyone keep the pressure on - every day lost is another day with potential to be defrauded.

I assume we are talking about Paypal Payment Pro and not standard Paypal
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Yes, sorry I do mean PayPal Pro

Comment

Surely this is down to Paypal to implement since we don't touch any card info. Also 3DSecure is ALREADY mandatory for Maestro.
        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Interesting. I have just tested my PayPal Pro service via my website with my own Maestro card and it did not require 3DSecure to complete.

Comment

I think there's about 3 people using Paypal Pro, i don't see much pressure being applied by that group. RIP Paypal Pro, an ugly, confusing and problematic implementation IMO and not even PCI compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              RIP Paypal Pro, an ugly, confusing and problematic implementation IMO and not even PCI compliant.
              I think feemish might disagree with you on the above quote.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

LOL, oh yes, oops.

Comment

hmm theres a name i think i remember

im confused as to having 3d secure with a PSP / ecommerce package that is not pci compliant. I would like to see how this gets worked out

Comment

Lack of progress

Hi there,

First of all, some of us do use PayPal Pro, and it's fine. This is a support forum, so let's keep it about support please.

As a PayPal Pro user, I was notified that I need to start a Cardinal Centinel account and go through what looked like a quite scary set of procedures.

I contacted them for some advice and got this today (27th Nov 2009):
                    After looking up your account it looks like you are using Actinic shopping cart. Unfortunately, Actinic has not yet integrated Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.

PayPal and CardinalCommerce are currently working with Actinic to integration 3-D Secure into the shopping cart.

We have flagged your account as “Actinic” so when the implementation is complete we will notify you with instructions ASAP.
                    So I hope all is well before I stop being able to process payments.
                    Kind regards,
                    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
                    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      and not even PCI compliant.
                      Phil, have you assessed your system to see if you comply?

PCI DSS compliance of Actinic products
                      In respect of the Actinic Shared SSL and Paypal Pro Direct Payments services provided by Actinic we can confirm that:

* All servers involved reside behind firewalls in secure Data Centres
                      * No card data is stored permanently on any Shared SSL server
                      * All card information is transmitted across the net using SSL or alternative secure encryption
                      * Actinic’s service is not PCI DSS compliant
                      Can be found here:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/pci-dss.htm

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

"This is a support forum, so let's keep it about support please."

Since when were you running it? People are entitled to their opinions.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Actually, not a "Support" forum it's online community where people discuss issues, ideas and often help each out regarding the Actinic software & related topics...

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Response

Calm down guys.

It says quite clearly at the top of the page 'Help and Advice'. That sound like support to me.
                            Kind regards,
                            Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
                            http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington Bear View Post
                              Calm down guys.

It says quite clearly at the top of the page 'Help and Advice'. That sound like support to me.
                              LOL No it sounds like "Help & Advice"

The general opinion of forum members and the "advise" they/we usually give is to use a compliant PSP and not to use PayPal Pro with Actinic as you do not comply with current standards.

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                              X