Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal and Authorsiation code

Hi,

I downloaded an order on the 21st July 2009 that had the payment pending. I contacted the customer via email to advise if they had a problem I could call them and take the order over the phone.

A few days later I heard from the customer advising that we had taken two amounts of payment and they wanted a refund.

I have just spoken to them and they have even given me authorisation codes for both amounts. They confirmed to me they received NO receipt email or confirmation of the order and assumed as it said the order had failed that no money changed hands.

Actinic says they didnt pay and my paypal account shows no money coming in. They have asked us to contact paypal as they want refunds for both amounts.

Is this a scam or something ? Will contact PayPal when the system is back up again, but just thought I would post this for some wisdom
    Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Originally posted by 4little1s View Post
    Is this a scam or something ?
    Sounds like it, do customers get to see authorisation codes? I wouldn't have thought so.

You need to check this as it sounds very much a scam or someone totally new to internet shopping, you know the sort that orders from the states and states they want same day courier service!

If you do find it is a scam once you have talked to Paypal, send them a nice threatening email/letter, they might think twice before trying it again
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Ok thought I would update this thread with what happend here. I phoned PayPal business support and they said yes it looks like the payment tried to go through via debit card but failed due to Typo / CVV code or something etc. The customers money was actually taken (twice) from their bank account and put into a holding area as it was now reserved. This is why they were swearing blindly I had taken their money and wanted it back. It now looks like after a few days the money just goes straight back into their bank account from this holding area between RBS and Paypal. You live and learn I guess !!
      Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Comment

Working...
      X