Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Express Delivery/Shipping Charges for V9.04

Hi everyone,
    I had just implemented a client site with Paypal express for the first time so please be patient with me.=)

The link goes through to Paypal fine however my client has brought it to my attention that the delivery charges are not being carried across, which I can understand because the Paypal Exress button only shows on the shopping cart and Order00.html template, which contains the Shipping location.

I have read an article within the community that says that you have to set up the delivery location within Paypal? Is this correct?

Second to this my clients packing costs are weight dependant so again how do these settings that have been set up in Zone/Class Tables be passed through to Paypal when teh shipping dropdown is on Order01.html which does not contain the Paypal Express button.

Is it me or is this PSP option fundementally flawed?

Anyway any help or guidance form anyone who knows the work arounds or has had a similar experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who does.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Do you have a link for the site, so can check what it is doing to be advise where going wrong?

Comment

Hi there the url for the site is:

http://www.growing-life.com/shop/

Thanks again.
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

does 904 have an option called paypal website payment standard as a psp?

i've looked at my v8 sites and they have this which does not plaster paypal buttons in inappropriate places.

failing that https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...ment-ref-impl1 explains pp express, so i guess itsonly appropriate for sites with shipping inc -ie free

Comment

Hi Jo,
          V9.04 has Paypal Wesbite Payments, which I think is the standard one where you simply have to input your merchant id email address to link through to the server.

My client seemed sure that the Express was the one for him but as I said before the Actinic system seemed flawed as you cannot tell the order when you go over to Paypal the shipping cost, if you are using standard weight related packaging costs.
          Regards.

Lee Jackson
          Creative Director

Centurius Website
          Portfolio of Work

Comment

i suspect that even though your client has chosen express it may not be the best solution.

i'd add standard as an option then run through 2 orders with him - one of each - to decide the better solution

the page i provided a link too has interesting info re comparing the 2 options

Comment

Jo thanks for your input regarding this. I think the client hasn't researched the PSP option for Paypal enough and has steamed right in.

Thanks again.
              Regards.

Lee Jackson
              Creative Director

Centurius Website
              Portfolio of Work

Comment

personally i find the PP options quite confusing, some of them need to come with a health warning.

whatever you do do not lead him to PP Pro, this option requires the client to be PCI compliant rather than the PSP. I still think a proper PCI compliant PSP with PP standard as a backup is the best option.

Comment

Working...
                X