Paypal -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal -

Hello - new numpty here again. (catalogue V9)

Im trying very hard to make paypal work with my site - iv ebeen in and played with it again this am to try and make it work - but to no avail.

When i look at the paypal website its trying to get e to make bttons - which i dont need to do (i think) as they are already onmy site.

I have a paypal business account and have entered the info in the right boxes. Ive read the help section on actinic relating to this, and the paypal help.

When i check out i get this error message - anyone able to shed some light.

im no web designer/programmer/expert - im just the shop keeper

https://www.horsepoosaddlery.co.uk/c...y%2eco%2euk%2f
    Last edited by Horsepoo; 18-Aug-2009, 06:30 AM. Reason: Version
    Lorna
    www.horsepoosaddlery.co.uk - for everything equestrian

If you use the standard Paypal payments then you don't need to do anything in Paypal.
    In Actinic you just need to configure Paypal with your login information.

You also don't need to have SSL setup on your site. So unselect use SSL if it is set up in Actinic whilst you are testing.

Try removing the Payment method and just temporarily select to have payment sent separately or something and see if the checkout works.

If it doesn't then I recommend you do a purge and refresh of the site. You've got ot get the checkout working first.

You also don't need the separate Paypal button at the checkout. If you have been modifying the checkout pages then perhaps backup and then revert the checkout pages back to default.

Comment

do dont say which edition of paypal you want to use.

As Dunc says paypal standard is dead easy. identified as "paypal website payments" within actinic, all this needs in paypal address and doesnt use paypal buttons

there is also paypal pro - this requires you to have your own ssl cert and slaps paypal buttons all over the place

and paypal express which also uses paypal buttons.

let us know which one you want to use. paypal website payment is the easiest to use. Do a forum search if you are considering paypalpro as this requires you to do your own pci compliance, paypal express also has issues with shipping weights, again a search will reveal more.

Comment

oh god - how could i have been so stupid!!!!!!!

That was soooo simple. trust me to over complicate things.

Thank you very mcuh for your help. v much appreciated.
        Lorna
        www.horsepoosaddlery.co.uk - for everything equestrian

Comment

oh god - how could i have been so stupid!!!!!!!
          beginners luck! ...

Comment

Working...
          X