Entering Card Details Twice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering Card Details Twice.

On our (www.artistmaterial.co.uk) site we have now implemented pre-authorized payments through Actinic. Customers are moaning that they still have to enter their card details on the site checkout page before they are redirected to the Actinic Payments page where they have to enter all the same details again. I'm afraid I can see their point that this seems to be a duplication of effort.
    Is their any way that when they've been to the site checkout page they can be immediately sent to the Actinic page to insert their details?
    I have done a search for any info on this but all I found was a URL which directed me to answers about Shipping Surcharges. Great!

Do you have Credit card details captured for later .... assigned in your payments and security options?

If so, then removing this should stop this - just an idea.

Comment

Enterting details twice

I do indeed have this option enabled for Desktop only. If I try to uncheck it I'm told I can't do that as I must have one option for offline orders!

Comment

did you, at some point, have it enabled online also?
        If you've recently unchecked that box, when setting up Actinic Payments, then perhaps you need to do a refresh, or a purge and refresh, to fully update that page on the website.
        Tracey

Comment

Yes, it would almost certainly have been enabled online at some point. I'll follow your advice as to a purge and refresh which I'm almost sure has not been done since we went to Pre-Authorized payments. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens, if anything.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Unfortunatel I've tried what you suggested but customers are still having to fill details out twice. Think I might have to take the unfortunate step of contacting Actinic support. Oh well.

Comment

someone else had a similar problem the other week, i cant recal much about it but it was asking for card details when it should not have been. if i find the thread ill post here

Comment

Cheers Darren, all help gratefully received!

Comment

Working...
                X