Allied Irish Bank / Actinic Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allied Irish Bank / Actinic Payments

Is anybody out there using Actinic Payments with Allied Irish Bank?

(i) We are having an issue with AP & CreditCall saying that our MID is an incorrect format - we have 5154XXX01 (01 being the branch code I believe - the number for authorisation is 5154XXX).

CreditCall seem to think it should start with 0, but AIB say that it is correct.

(ii) The AP page on Actinic's website says that the same MID is used for both Card Present and CNP - the AIB rep. said the same. But AIB have issued two MIDs, (the rep. saying the second one is an error).

Does anyone have experience of this? Should we have one Merchant Number or two?

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

You might be better off speaking to Actinic with this. Have you phoned them?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
      You might be better off speaking to Actinic with this. Have you phoned them?
      Yes - it was Nicola at Actinic that informed us of the problem (after we chased progress).

By asking the question on this thread, I am trying to find the answer faster.
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

Fixed at last. For anyone else having this problem:

An AIB Merchant ID is quoted in the format "5XXXXXX01" where '01' signifies the branch if you have more than one shop.

(When calling for authorisation, only the first part needs to be given, "5XXXXXX").

AIB only require one MID for both Card Present and OnlineCNP transactions.

The format for ActinicPayments/Creditcall (and presumably other PSPs) is to add a double zero prefix:

"005XXXXXX" and leave off the '01' suffix.

Why does nobody in AP, Creditcall or AIB know this?
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

Thanks Paul, I will ask for a KB article to be raised. Sorry that it's been hassle.

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
          Why does nobody in AP, Creditcall or AIB know this?
          We do now. Presumably the reason for not knowing was because it hasn't come up before, or if it had, the merchant involved already knew the solution. I think probably AIB is the least used bank with AP.

As Donald Rumsfeld famously said, the problem is what you don't know you don't know.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
            the problem is what you don't know you don't know.
            Thanks Chris, it is working fine now, however.....

Spent last evening reading the forum about One Click (!) Order Processing complaints:
            • Check the box 'Complete Payment' - no it doesn't - [Commit]
            • Check the box 'Send Email' - no it doesn't - they sit in abeyance.

We only discovered this by attempting to reconcile AP out of interest - something we never bothered with on the old manual terminal.

Paul
            Paul

Comment

I guess these are things that sit between wish list and bugs. The hope would be that on a one click complete, you could select whether any pre-aurthorised payment will be committed or not.

I believe that automatically sending emails is one of the small wish list features done in v10. Auto commit on one click has come up a couple of times and is still on the wish list.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X