Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

link from checkout page 2 straight to secure server website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link from checkout page 2 straight to secure server website?

Hi there

I am using actinic 8 and was wondering if it was possible to go straight from the checkout page 2 design (asks general info - where did you hear about our site and payment method - paypal or worldpay in our case) to the secure server website (Paypal or Worldpay)

As I have set the bounce page delay to 0 it affects all the checkout pages as the user clicks through (this was to stop the page bouncing back after an item was added to the basket) and hence it waits on the awful looking PSP bounce page bulk

On the PSP bounce page bulk there is one line of text asking the user either to click on the naff 'next' button or a tiny paypal icon which is secreted to the far right. To add insult to injury, several images have disappeared for no reason. I think this seriously affecting sales.

So - can the PSP bounce page bulk be elminated and failing that, can the bounce delay on this page be very short and independent of the setting which affects the other checkout pages? OR can I change the design of the PSP bounce page bulk from design view? Please use idiot proof language as still not actinic boffin!

Any help much appreciated!

Hi Suze,

Have you found a solution to this? I am also facing the same problem!

Thanks,

Nigel
    Nigel Singer
    www.lifetools.com
    Solutions for Life

Comment

Hi

The psp bounce should happen automatically, passing customers straight to your psp, taking maybe half a second. Otherwise you will have to upgrade to V10 to get rid of it.
      Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that. I may upgrade to v10 soon anyway! However, I found some javascript on here that allowed a fixed delay on the PSP jump page and I changed the text on it so it wasn't too 'PayPal' which put some customers off. So as a temporary measure until I get a merchant account, it seems to be better now.
        Nigel Singer
        www.lifetools.com
        Solutions for Life

Comment

Can you share the javascript or add a link to it - I am having the same problem with a V9 site
          Thanks
          David Cunningham

www.truska.com
          -----------------------------
          ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Problem resolved
            seemed to have lost the script from the header and I found it in another post at http://community.actinic.com/showpos...88&postcount=2
            hope this helps anyone else in the same position
            Regards
            David Cunningham

www.truska.com
            -----------------------------
            ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
            X