Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments: Golden Padlock Warning in Firefox

Hi all
    Sorry if this has been answered before (can't find a solution in the Forum or Knowledge Base) but I am concerned abut this issue.
    We use Actinic Payments for our site www.cityorg.co.uk and when a customer is using Firefox on the Actinic Payment Details page they get a warning exclamation mark "Warning: Contains Unauthenticated Content".
    This appears to be a Firefox issue (it doesn't replicate in Windows Explorer or Google).
    Any comments or solutions very gratefully received.

I seem to recall this was around at the start of the launch to do with images not being stored in a secure area (under SSL). There were various solutions until actinic supplied one, but i believe they now provide this. Have you spoken to actinic? Haven't heard this for a very long time, but it was definitely spoken about at the start on here. A search with SSL included might yield better results or just ring them and ask.

Comment

I have just made a test purchase but initially couldn't see any errors as I was expecting a pop-up warning buit can see you get an exclamation mark over the golden padlock as described.
      The problem doesn't seem to relate to images hosted elsewhere and when testing my my own website and can see the same result and I use the actinic payements image hosting and was not aware of any problems.

The technical details state:
      Parts of the page you are viewing were not encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet.
      Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit.
      This is a bit of a worry, and I would be interested to hear if other Actinic Payment users get the same.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

UPDATE: With a bit more further testing I can report that if while on the Actinic Payments page you hit the refresh button the error goes away and is then happy with the encryption.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I am starting to wonder if this is a Firefox issue/bug giving false warnings.
          I am using Firefox 3.5.7 with several add-ons and have just gone to a non-actinic website and get the same warning sysmbol there also.
          EDIT: Have now tried Debenhams, John Lewis and a couple of others without any warnings so am not sure what the problem is.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

This seems to be a bug in firefox. It looks like if the form is submitted by javascript then some other content is loaded by js (preloadimages function in this case) then FF believes the content downloaded by the latter call belongs to the page being displayed by the form submit.

The workaround is to change the order of the onLoad and PreloadImages calls in the PreloadImages layout.
            Zoltan
            Actinic Software
            www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Zoltan,

That seems to have fixed the error warning on my site.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar View Post
                This seems to be a bug in firefox. It looks like if the form is submitted by javascript then some other content is loaded by js (preloadimages function in this case) then FF believes the content downloaded by the latter call belongs to the page being displayed by the form submit.

The workaround is to change the order of the onLoad and PreloadImages calls in the PreloadImages layout.
                Can you elaborate, im lost, I do get the ! on the padlock in firefox on sagepay checkout, would like to resolve it. can you post an example please.

Also another question, images loaded by onload, in the overal layout, becuse the onload is also present in the checkout pages with SSL enabled, is it trying to call these images from non secure source?

HTML Code:
                <actinic:block if="%28%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27PSP%20Bounce%20Page%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPSPTestMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%29%20OR%0d%28%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27SSL%20Bounce%20Page%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSharedSSLForTestOnly%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20false%29%29" >onLoad();</actinic:block>PreloadImages('viewcart_b.png' , 'add_to_cart_b.png');

should i put a blockif statement around
                HTML Code:
                ('viewcart_b.png' , 'add_to_cart_b.png');
                so they are not loaded in the checkout pages ? BTW I dont actually use these button rollovers in the checkout layout anyway.

thanks in advance.
                lee
                http://www.novadetox.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X