Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payment Errors/Failures

Can anyone help with this Q about AP

i have recently had customers insist they have entered their cc details and nothing happens and following a discussion elsewere it got me thinking about it

I am not to worried as these sorts of things happen with all psp's

But does anyone know at what point AP will record and attempted payment and show this in the control panel. Looking through failed transactions only shows people that have there card details declined it does not show an attempt was made but for "Technical Reasons" something went wrong and it could not be placed.

I guess what im after is some record of attempted transactioned not just accepted or declined, this then might help to identify were the process broke down. Its pretty hard trying to get the right information out of some people asking for the browser and version they are using can be hard.

Thanks
    Darren

I get the same occasionally with secpay/PayPoint.

What seems to happen is the customer enters their details into the secure page but when they click 'accept' or 'continue' (or whatever) nothing happens. It just sits there.

I've always thought it's probably related to jumping IP addresses to avoid DOS attacks. If the server IP jumps after displaying the page then it's no longer there when the customer submits the data so the whole thing just hangs.

Like Darren though, I'd appreciate an answer from the technical bods.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

As an after thought does anyone know of a way to records peoples browser and version with a bit of script hacking, a bit like recording the customers ip address but more detail.

it is possible that what mike said about ip's is the cause or outdated browser or a combination of both?

Comment

Working...
      X