X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments/Streamline/RBS Worldpay

Confusion.

Here's the scenario:

Client makes application to Streamline (RBS Worldpay) for Normal (CnP) facilities and eCommerce facilities (two accounts) because the rates are very competitive when referred by the FSB.

Streamline require a payment gateway and Actinic Payments is the logical proposal.

And now the confusion...

Actinic has payment integration directly with RBS Worldpay in any case so why is another payment gateway required?
    Can Streamline be setup with RBS Worldpay as the payment gateway instead of Actinic Payments? (Pros and Cons?)

i have not used worldpay but i always understood they did both, if you did not have a merchant account then they would also be the merchant account aswell, and i always thought you could use your streamline merchant account with them and have instant access to your funds rather than the weeks of delays untill you become a trusted company

I dont know if things have changed with regards this and their recent mergers.

I use streamline and AP it works well, AP's control panel is not very good, trying to get a usable banking report out of it for reconcilliations is almost impossible, it was suppose to be fixed and made faster but none of this has happened, sorry you get a downloadable one sometimes

I get the od customer complain about not getting to the credit card page and some that do that they click continue and nothing happens, although to be fair i dont blame all this on AP.

hope this helps Duncan

Comment

The current plan is to use Streamline with AP.

Streamline say funds will be transferred to the company's bank account within 4 working days - so no big issue with delays.

The confusion is just what is Streamline and Worldpay. Streamline say that they are one and the same - just that the branding never took off and so they keep calling themselves Streamline. I was supprised that Streamline didn't therefore recommend Worldpay as the gateway.

Comment

Looking further on the RBS Worldpay site they offer Business Gateway and Business Gateway Plus. The Plus includes the merchant account the other doesn't.

In my case however (as you have) they will be the merchant account only. Their site doesn't mention an ecommerce mechant account without a gateway for some reason - presumably to get the gateway business as well.

Comment

Working...
        X