Best SSL option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best SSL option

I am running Actinic V7 and need some sort of secure payment. The site does not have its own SSL certificate.

Can anyone please advise me of the best option. I have read about Actinic Payments but not sure if this is the best option or if it is compatible with V7.

I have signed up for Webfusion secure web space which is shared SSL but can't see how to integrate it with Actinic.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I need to get this up and running asap.

Many thanks

For something quick and easy use a PSP like Actinic payements, payPal, Paypoint, Sagepay, etc.

Forget SSL. It's not necessary and doesn't do what you need it to.

I think there is an Actinic Payments setup for V7. You may need a new PSP file. Call Actinic and they'll give you the details.

For the best results long term, consider upgrading to V9 or V10 when it comes out. You'll get better integration with Actinic Payments.

The first stage though is just to get a good PSP setup and working.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Actinic have just informed me that Actinic Payments is not compatible with V7

Does anyone have any experience of Paypoint or Sagepay. Are they easy to set up?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MelodyW View Post
        Does anyone have any experience of Paypoint or Sagepay. Are they easy to set up?
        To be honest, the lengthiest part of setting these payments service providers up is creating the accounts with the providers themselves. They want internet merchant account numbers and similar details. They will then most likely want you to test the account settings with the website in test mode etc.

Once that is done the configuring in Actinic is a snip:

e.g. see Configuring SagePay in V9
        Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 09:59 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
        X