Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal IPN - passing variables

Website Payments Standard
    Does Actinic always pass the IPN URL - 'notify_url' - and the 'return' URL to Paypal or does it rely on the default settings under the Paypal Profile.

V 8.5.3

Allied to this, what is the callback url for Paypal.

I'm blighted with this issue with regard to Paypal turning off my IPN, and in order to reinstate it (Paypal a/c - History - IPN) I need to enter the url.

Having it turned off by Paypal (after the 5 failed transactions) is a real pain.

I have two websites accessing my Paypal account one is a Vbulletin forum, the the other is my Actinic Catalogue. The Actinic software is almost certainly not at fault, but the issue with Vbulletin means that it keeps getting turned off. (VB are working on it)

So which url do I point Paypal IPN to? Ver 8.5.3. in order to maintain the effectiveness of moving pending orders into valid orders etc.

I believe these IPN problems are related to Paypal accounts that have numerous sites accessing them, if site A takes a payment, followed by site B, on the second transaction, the IPN gets sent to site A instead of site B, because Paypal can't handle the variable sites properly, it subsequently fails and then we're off down the 5 failed IPN's and we'll cancel it route......

Is that a fair summary?

Thanks in advance. CD
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Originally posted by gpzzone View Post
      V 8.5.3

So which url do I point Paypal IPN to? Ver 8.5.3. in order to maintain the effectiveness of moving pending orders into valid orders etc.

CD
      Well, according to Paypal's documentation, if the calling program passes the two variables "notify_url" and "return" with the required URLs in them, then they should override the URLs set up under 'Profile' just for that transaction. I haven't tested this in anger but it seems to work correctly in the sandbox.

Ken

Comment

i do not have anything setup in paypal - as far as i am aware you should never need to enter anything either

Comment

So, given that my problem is being generated by Vbulletin, if I insert the vbulletin return url into Paypal, that would in effect be the default setting, and Actinic will do it's own sweet thing and over-ride it, whenever Actinic is processing a Paypal payment.

Looks like a work around to me, at least until Vbulletin get it together?

Thanks CD
          "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Originally posted by gpzzone View Post
            So, given that my problem is being generated by Vbulletin, if I insert the vbulletin return url into Paypal, that would in effect be the default setting, and Actinic will do it's own sweet thing and over-ride it, whenever Actinic is processing a Paypal payment.

Looks like a work around to me, at least until Vbulletin get it together?

Thanks CD
            I'm assuming Actinic does pass those variables. Perhaps someone could confirm that. If so, then, yes, you should be home and dry.

Comment

From OCCPayPalTemplate.pl:

Code:
              #
              # URLs:
              #
              #		AUTH - the URL to create the authorization blob
              #		BACK - the URL to return to the Catalog checkout process
              #		USER - the URL to the receipt script
              #
              AddPostValues ('&', 'notify_url', $sCompleteCallBackURLAuth, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);
              AddPostValues ('&', 'cancel_return', $::sCallBackURLBack, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);
              AddPostValues ('&', 'return', $::sCallBackURLUser, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                From OCCPayPalTemplate.pl:

Code:
                #
                # URLs:
                #
                #		AUTH - the URL to create the authorization blob
                #		BACK - the URL to return to the Catalog checkout process
                #		USER - the URL to the receipt script
                #
                AddPostValues ('&', 'notify_url', $sCompleteCallBackURLAuth, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);
                AddPostValues ('&', 'cancel_return', $::sCallBackURLBack, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);
                AddPostValues ('&', 'return', $::sCallBackURLUser, $ALWAYS, $REDIRECT);
                Well, there you are!

Comment

Working...
                X