Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SagePay - Deferred Payment Expired

Hi,

On reviewing our accounts for last year, we have found a problem with one of the transactions in SagePay. Our payments are set as deferred and we only release the payment when the goods have been delivered.

As you may know, deferred transactions in SagePay only remain "live" for 30 days. After this time they are automatically aborted.

This has happened to one of ours, but we have only just realised this. The cutomer has the goods.

Has anyone had experience of this and do we have any legal rights to ask for the money?

Look forward toyour replies.
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

You certainly have the right to the money. Getting it may not be too easy mind. I think a call to the customer is the first step - you'll probably have to prove that the payment expired and wasn't taken as the customer may not have noticed.

Comment

How far back are we talking about.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I'd say this will end up a fruitless chase, unless it is a very large amount, in which case it might be worth trying a couple of times. One to chalk up for experience i'd say, it will just eat time up I expect otherwise.

Comment

Dont dispare just explain to the customer clearly what has happened, remember 99% of the population are honest, Lee's local have the other 1%
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
            Lee's local have the other 1%
            I've not been in a pub for at least 10 years, so one can only presume you're an attendee at my local and one of the crowd to know that .

99% of the population are honest you're right, 100% of them like to get away with something if they can though, that's just human nature. 72% of people who class themseleves as honest, have stolen (permanently borrowed) something from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
              How far back are we talking about.
              The transaction was in April 2009. Value £283.00.
              Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
              X