Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments are grinding my gears !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments are grinding my gears !

Been using AP for just over 3 weeks, i find the back up from Actinic is very poor.

Since we have changed to AP we have noticed a sharp increase in pay pal payments, but the main concern is declining payments mainly from foreign countries.

I have been on the phone to support 3 times today and to our merchant bank supplier i just keep going around in circles.

Rant over.

Ok I have a French customer that has tried 11 times to place an order and he has been declined! No one can tell me why!

We don’t speak French so cannot communicate with the customer very well, however we have supplied to this customer before with no issues so we know he is good.

What I think is the problem is on the check out the customer’s name is “ vélot “ but the name shown in the card holders details in the report section of AP is “ vÃ?��Ã?¯Ã?¿Ã?½Ã?��Ã?�Ã?©lot “

When i have asked support they say the name on the card must match the address, which i can understand. But the name on the check out page is not the same name as is on the report section of AP. Somehow the data is being corrupted by the looks of things?

Anyone had issues like this

Looks like it's because of the acute accent e - (é) and maybe either Actinic or AP doesn't support it??
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

How have you got it configured:

Business Settings | Payment and Security | Payment Methods

Click on AP and click configure Method.

If you're "Enforcing" the address or postcode this may be kicking out all of your international orders.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
        How have you got it configured:

Business Settings | Payment and Security | Payment Methods

Click on AP and click configure Method.

If you're "Enforcing" the address or postcode this may be kicking out all of your international orders.
        All off, only CVV2 on

Comment

your need 3d secure for mastercard and meastro, if this is off then that will fail orders

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            your need 3d secure for mastercard and meastro, if this is off then that will fail orders
            This is Master card according to the AP report so may that be the issue

Comment

I doubt it's the name in the name field as you can put Mickey Mouse in there - there is no actual comparison check on anything except the initial number in the first address line (so if the address is a house name no check is made), the postcode and the CV2 number.
              Could well be the odd accented characters ..
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
                I doubt it's the name in the name field as you can put Mickey Mouse in there - there is no actual comparison check on anything except the initial number in the first address line (so if the address is a house name no check is made), the postcode and the CV2 number.
                Could well be the odd accented characters ..
                That is what i said to Support that the name is not checked.

just had a nother 2 orderd knocked back here is one for Finland, how do i find out why he has been knocked back ?? does the customer get a message from AP why his order has not gone though

This one does have the name right.

Transaction Reference 2f093b60-cc1f-df11-8893-00137253cf79
                Order Number PV712010003228
                Details
                Client Actinic - PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD
                Terminal Group PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD - ECommerce
                Terminal (ID) PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD (pjme.co.uk)
                Date/Time (GMT/BST) 22/02/10 16:07:34
                Date/Time (UTC) 22/02/10 16:07:34
                State Committed
                Type Authorisation [Credit]
                Settlement State Not Settled / Unknown
                Entry Type CNP - Keyed
                Amount Authorised (GBP) £703.33
                Amount (GBP) £703.33
                Result Declined
                Proxy Server UK2
                Card Details
                Card Reference 74253f62-cc1f-df11-b4be-000bdbe6d1c9
                Card Number ***********
                Expiry Date 02/12
                Card Scheme Visa
                Card Type Credit
                Domestic or International Unknown
                Merchant Details
                Acquirer Royal Bank of Scotland
                Merchant Number ***********
                Merchant Number (Alternative) ******
                Merchant Description PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD
                Merchant Reference RBS_PJ_MOTORCYCLE_ENGINEERS_LTD_42854083
                Email Address(es)
                Primary Email Address B****_@hotmail.com
                Cardholder
                Name Paavo Vuorjoki
                Email B***_@hotmail.com
                Telephone (Other) 0504028664
                Line 1 Haapakatu 8
                Line 2 Rantahaankatu 7 a 4
                Town/City
                County/State Nokia
                Postcode/ZIP Code 37120
                Country Finland
                Delivery Address
                Name Paavo Vuorjoki
                Email B***_@hotmail.com
                Telephone (Other) 0504028664
                Line 1 Haapakatu 8
                Line 2 Rantahaankatu 7 a 4
                Town/City
                County/State Nokia
                Postcode/ZIP Code 37120
                Country Finland
                Originating IP Address
                IP Address *********
                Country Finland
                Blacklisted No
                Known Proxy No
                Address and Card Security Code Verification
                Address Result Not Checked
                Postcode/ZIP Code Result Not Checked
                CSC Result Match
                Events
                Time (Local) Time (UTC) Event
                22/02/10 16:07:34 22/02/10 16:07:34 Confirm
                Autoconfirmed: Confirm Successful

Comment

Was this transaction taken on your webiste or did you enter the card details yourself to the virtual terminal as I noticed that one of the lines states - "Entry Type CNP - Keyed" rather than "Keyed - E-Commerce"
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

3D Secure is compulsory with Maestro on Actinic Payments (as mandated by Mastercard), so that seems a likely explanation.

Having said that, the accent issue needs looking into and I will arrange for that.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
                      3D Secure is compulsory with Maestro on Actinic Payments (as mandated by Mastercard), so that seems a likely explanation.

Having said that, the accent issue needs looking into and I will arrange for that.

Chris
                      Hi there Chris, the customer is using a Visa Electron card, from what i have read this is a supported card.

I emailed the customer and got this reply

Oh hello!! Well, i had serious broblems with the payment. I couldn't pay with the "card payment" Visa electron.. (I'm under 18, that might be the broblem tought..)
                      Then I registered to Paypal, if I could pay that way, but nope.. I got all the way to final complete to payment, but then I got again an "ERROR" message..
                      If nothing else works, I could ask some of my friend/parents or some1, to pay it with REAL VISA, not any crappy electron shit.. But I wonder what is the broblem?
                      Can you shed any light on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                        Was this transaction taken on your webiste or did you enter the card details yourself to the virtual terminal as I noticed that one of the lines states - "Entry Type CNP - Keyed" rather than "Keyed - E-Commerce"
                        Hi there, yes taken on the web site, payment set to "Charge cards immediately"

Hadn’t notices the CNP bit wonder what that means

Comment

CNP = CardHolder Not Present and I on my records only displays this for MOTO orders I have used the Virtual Terminal for.

Do you have both a Ecommerce and Moto accounts with Actinic Payment?
                          Have you used the correct account number for the ecommerce payment method is "Business Settings | Payment amd Security"
                          I am not sure is this would effect payment processing but just another possible lead to check.
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse
                          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                            CNP = CardHolder Not Present and I on my records only displays this for MOTO orders I have used the Virtual Terminal for.

Do you have both a Ecommerce and Moto accounts with Actinic Payment?
                            Have you used the correct account number for the ecommerce payment method is "Business Settings | Payment amd Security"
                            I am not sure is this would effect payment processing but just another possible lead to check.
                            I think we only have Ecommerce set up, we dont use moto at all.
                            will check with support though.

Thanks

Comment

I can confirm we only have Ecom set up and not moto.

Been back on to support, although they are trying to help i don’t feel they understand the issue, i am sure they think i am doing something wrong or the customer is doing something wrong.

Since yesterday it has declined £1,365 in orders.

I know they are not scams as 2 have contacted me to pay via bank transfer.

There is very little i can do but wait for AP to get in touch with credit call, I feel very helpless

Comment

Working...
                              X