PayPal and shipping address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal and shipping address

I'm trying to get the hang of PayPal before I move from test to live. On checkout page one there a check box if you want different invoice and shipping addresses, then if you go to PayPal it doesn't seem to work. There is a rather opaque process which permits you to "add" and address, which you can then either "save" or "apply". If you do the one PayPal uses the new address for both invoice and shipping, if you do the other it uses the old one for both.

Is there something I haven't understood?

Do you know which Paypal you are using, there is more than one method.

Comment

I didn't do the integration myself, so I'm more than a bit hazy about the details. (Especially since PayPal say that if you use Website Payments Pro you have to implement both Direct Payment and Express Checkout. Beats me).

But I've just come across this:

http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/boar...thread.id=4930

which seems to indicate that PayPal is not capable of transmitting separate invoice and shipping addresses.

Therefore, as far as I can see, if a customer sends his aunt a Christmas present I don't get to know who and where he is.

It seems to me that this happens because PayPal inserts itself at an early stage in the Actinic checkout sequence, before Actinic has had a chance to offer the page where you can enter a separate shipping address.

Would I be right in thinking that more dignified bankers, like WorldPay, wait their turn and let Actinic work through the checkout process until the customer chooses the payment method at the end?

Comment

From what you're saying it sounds like paypal pro, which is not the most liked solution on here i must say for various reasons including fails pci dss regs. Have a look in business settings on the payments tab, you can see what is selected and setup.

Comment

Yes, sorry, I should have said PayPal Pro. I might have had WorldPay but there was a race to meet a deadline and they lost my bank compliance form and the race.

Deadline notwithstanding, I think I'll have to put them back in the race. What I expect to happen at checkout is that the customer works through all the Actinic pages, including the alternative shipping address, and when all the information is gathered, chooses a payment method and proceeds to get credit card clearance.

That's not the way it works with PayPal. I hope it's the way it works with WorldPay.

Comment

That's the way it works with Worldpay and every other choice open to you, PPP is its own beast. Take a look at actinic payments, i reckon that'd be a great choice for you.

Comment

Working...
            X