PayPal Payment callbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Payment callbacks

Just update from V7 to V9 and... PayPal payment callbacks don't work !
    I have to manually update the orders I receive.

I just read the thread about a similar problem in January.

The way I understand it seems to say that it's not suppose to arrive to V9.

I don't receive a Receipt Email Copy sent to the client as I used to receive !
    Are both problem related for me ?
    Bernard Morin

Are both problem related for me ?
    I would have thought so!

solve
    then retest to see if the paypal email is still a problem

Comment

Email copy sent to me is now working for orders not using PayPal !

PayPal Payment callbacks still not working !
      Actinic version is : 9.0.5.1.0.0.JHZA with XP Service Pack 3 on a HP Pavilion Media Center with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz with 3,43 Gb of RM

1. I'm not using SSL in the Payment security: « Use SSL » is uncheck.
      2. In the Payment Method menu I added the row « PayPal Website Payments »
      3. I clicked on « Limited by location » and configured Valid Locations.
      4. I clicked « Configured Method » and wrote my Merchant ID : a mix of 13 letters and numbers. Paypal offers me another number (a mix of about 60 letters and numbers) for an optional « Automatic Transfer Payment ID. Do I have to use that number for my Merchant ID ?
      5. In the « Web site description », I wrote « Paiement sur le site de PayPal »

Is there something else I have to do ?
      Do I have to set something in my PayPal Accounts in the Preferences section ?

Thank you !
      Bernard Morin

Comment

Email with paypal is often a problem as it only gets sent when the customer returns to the receipt page. If they go elsewhere then no email is sent.

I couldn't see any email problems reported in your error log so I suspect it's probably the receipt page not being viewed.

What's causing the paypal callback issues I don't know. I did find lots of problems when viewing your site but that may be because the initial link I followed didn't go directly to the site url and that might have messed up the cookie.

Anyone else wanting to look is best using this link http://www.secondemain.ca rather than the one you have as the homepage in your profile.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you for having a look at my site setup...

You're right... my personal profile was not up to date. I just changed the URL to www.secondemain.ca in my profile. The previous one was an old link not in use anymore.

My server software is : SME Server 7.5 (e-smith) on my personal physical server.

Domainsatcost.com in Canada is my name registrar.
          The name is redirect to one of two Cogeco (cable) DNS server which is my Internet Service Provider.
          With Cogeco, I have a fixed IP address to which they redirect secondemain.ca URL and others.
          Evething was working fine with V7 except some abort transactions.
          Now it's look like that I have less abort PayPal transactions (none up to date) but no callbacks.

Making a test on PayPal, I got this error message :

General Script Error Occurred
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Error: Bad input string "SEQUENCE=3&ACTION=Finalisez%20la%20transaction%20%21&ORDERNUMBER=BMT5S910002538&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2esecondemain%2eca%2facatalog%2fSecondemain_Taylor__Laura_12883%2ehtml&&tx=88476728AB032852U&st=Completed&amt=13.00&cc=CAD&cm=&item_number=BMT5S910002538". Argument count 20.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

I was not redirect to my site !
          Anything to do with my problem ?
          Thank You !
          Bernard Morin

Comment

Case resolved !

Short story.
            I upgraded from V7 to V9 !
            With the last « General Script Error » I got, I recheck the Paypal .fil files !
            It's seems that the OCCupgrade files were not copied to my upgrade site !
            I don't know why. I had the old V7 files. But they were o.k. on my test site.

I copied the content of the OCCcommon directory over my site directory and kept my fingers crossed until I receive a new order with a PayPal Payment... and then, Ooooyééééé, it worked. I received my callback.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my messages...
            Bernard Morin

Comment

Excellent news.

And thanks for posting back the solution. That really helps when someone else has the same problem in the future. I'm always surprised how many people don't do this.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

More detail please.

Hi Bernard,

I'm getting a similar General Script Error when testing PayPal orders so I want to try the same fix.

When you say
                I copied the content of the OCCcommon directory over my site directory
                do you mean the whole OCCcommon directory? Mine has 60 files and two subdirectories in it.
                And do you mean the site directory on your hard disk, or on the server?
                Kind regards,
                Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
                http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

I copied from my hard disk ! After, I refresh my site !
                  Remember, it was an upgraded site : from V7 to V9.
                  I had two installations : one « fresh site » for testing and one « live »...
                  The « fresh site » was the site V9 creates on installation.
                  The « live site » was the upgrade site.
                  I saw the difference comparing the OCCcommn directory...
                  Bernard Morin

Comment

Working...
                  X