Do You Have A Back Up Payment Method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do You Have A Back Up Payment Method?

Hi, I use SagePay but like to have a backup method of taking payments for any time that SagePay is down which does happen, plus I get the odd person who for whatever reason can't get on with the SagePay page . Anyway I am told that my backup method of capturing details for later processing is no longer allowed. I was looking at Actinic payments as my backup but have just been told by Streamline that I would have to pay £75 to set this up plus £20 set up from Actinic. Do any of you have backup methods? If so what do you use? (I already use PayPal but lots of customers wont use PayPal and would rather abandon the cart)

Any 2nd PSP is going to attract a monthly cost such as you have been quoted.

Its really up to you and how much a 2nd processor is worth (in terms of lost revenue)

The vast majority of people here use Paypal as a backup option. With V10 there is also the option of Google checkout.

But yes you can no longer take payment via SSL. The only other suggestion i have is to better annotate your checkout and take orders saying you will phone back to take CC detail (this requires some form of MOTO to be PCI compliant) or email people to say processing is fixed and ask them to place their order again.

Its a sums decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Novicebuild View Post
      ...been told by Streamline that I would have to pay £75 to set this up...
      If you're an FSB member you may get the RBS Worldpay/Streamline services cheaper.

Comment

I keep 'NoChex' as a backup processor as they have no monthly fees (I believe there may be a £25 set-up fee).
        They are more expensive than Sagepay or AP and will charge around 3% for both debit and credit cards. They also keep a hold of minimum balance to cover for any future charegbacks.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
          I keep 'NoChex' as a backup processor as they have no monthly fees (I believe there may be a £25 set-up fee).
          They are more expensive than Sagepay or AP and will charge around 3% for both debit and credit cards. They also keep a hold of minimum balance to cover for any future charegbacks.
          do customers have to register with them like paypal and set up passwords etc as this is something that I want to aviod.

Comment

You don't have to register with Nochex - they only take UK cards.

You also don't have to register to pay using Paypal either so long as the email address entered is not already linked to an existing Paypal account - they want you to but you don't have to.

Comment

The customer is not asked to sign up with nochex and you can take both UK and International card payments.
              It is only the 'Seller Account' that accept UK only plus £100 transaction limit, if you sign up for the 'Merchant Account' you can set your own limit (the higher the limit the higher the retained balance) and accept international payments.

The current setup fee is £50 but when I signed up a few years ago they were often having half price setup fee offers.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
              X