psp update ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psp update ignored

I posted this question in the v9 section yesterday so am not surprised I didn't get any replies!

Does anyone know why my changes to psp details aren't getting updated by Actinic?

I'm incrementing the version number in OCCUpgrade.ini but the alert message isn't appearing when I restart Actinic.

I've done changes before and this hasn't happened. We upgraded to Business Plus not so long ago; would that make a difference?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as ever.

Bob

Thanks for the link but I'm at a loss as to where it answers the question as to why incrementing version number in OCCUpgrade.ini doesn't trigger the message amd subsequent psp update when I start Actinic again.

Can you give me a clue?

Comment

In v9.04 onwards you don't edit the OCCProtxScriptTemplate .

Did you follow this post from that thread?
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi, yes I did follow that link and tried what was suggested.

We are using 9.02 so incrementing the version no should trigger the psp upgrade shouldn't it?

We haven't upgraded because there are a few modifications to perl scripts that I will need to make sure are re-instated so I've been putting it off. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and do it which should solve the problem.

Interesting to note a post yesterday from someone with the same problem as me who said that the psp upgrade worked 'after a few attempts'. That sounds a little odd.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

I am not sure now which upgrade did it but if you go to the latest V9 the url's for sage pay are changed as part of the upgrade by Actinic.

Nigel
          Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

triggering actinic to make the change has always been a problem.

I posted a work around once but basically try this

increment by 1
            restart actinic (do not upload)
            make the changes to the file
            then upload

im sure thats how i used to have to do it and dont know if this still applies to v9

Comment

I, too have had difficulty getting Actinic to notice the change of version number. I've tried the advice here and it is still ignored. (V7)

Comment

We've been through V9, one version at a time, and always found that, as long as it is done precisely in the right order, it works ok.

THIS POST is the one I have bookmarked for reference.

It's probably the same as Darren just posted but always worked for me in recent years
                Tracey

Comment

You're right, Tracy, I can use this method force an upload of the files. The problem is that Actinic isn't seeing the changes in OCCUpgrade.ini and isn't applying them when it generates the Protx re-direction file, PSPBounce_00022.fil

.. but it did do it eventually

Seems to require:
                  - edit both the xxxTemplate.html and xxxScriptTemplate.pl files
                  - update the Version in OCCUpgrade.ini
                  - run up Actinic

Comment

Working...
                  X