Getting duplicate orders. 1 paid, 1 pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting duplicate orders. 1 paid, 1 pending

Doesn't happen all the time, but I often get duplicate orders, one paid and one pending.

I've just been ignoring the pending one, but am wondering what causes this?
    The Patchwork Rabbit

You will sometimes get this when your customer has problems paying by credit card and so has two attempts at paying, we get it a lot on Mole End because Sage Pay seems to fail a lot (we are moving but it's taking me a while to get around to it).

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ok, got it. I use Paypal (not pro) and it happens about 4 times out of 5. That's a bit worrying, really.
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

It's most likely to be the customers surprise at finding themsleves on the paypal page. Even though the checkout option says 'Credit/Debit/Paypal' they're probably caught by surprise and go back for another try.

I don't know if you suffer from many orders without payments, but if you get enough it's worth going for a proper merchant account with PSP. Just using paypal doesn't present a very professional image.

You could also try adding a message beside the payment method drop down to explain about using paypal for credit / debit cards (as you do already in your Ts & Cs).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

There is a very long wait too on clicking to go to Paypal.

actually i have written this and am still waiting on your site to go to Paypal.

You may get a pending order for test/test/test etc.

Comment

Yes, I did get those.

I didn't realize there was such a long wait.

I get the occasional drop out, but much more often I get exact duplicates of orders, so maybe they are having to go back for a second try.

I don't currently get enough business to really warrant a "proper" PSP. The monthly charges alone would eat up any profits I make, but it is something I'm actively looking into.

I really need to concentrate on getting stock on the website to actually sell LOL
            The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

I've just tried it myself, Christ that IS SLOW!!!!

I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it??
              The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

to be honest i would suspect your host.

Comment

OK, I'll look into it. Thanks
                  The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Right, I've been on to my hosts about the issue and they want to know what the paypal completion URL is. To work out any URL, I normally just navigate to the page and cut/paste the url from the address bar, but I don't know how to get to the Paypal link page without putting in an order.

Could someone give the thickie a hint?
                    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Moving to a PSP would almost certainly improve your conversion rate, thus upping the profits in an instant.
                      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Gucci.

I'm in the process of signing up to RBS Worldpay, but I will always offer Paypal anyway (not least because it's my chosen payment method), so need to get this sorted.

Can anyone tell me the URL of the Paypal link page?
                        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

I don't know what the link page is I'm afraid, and I don't know why your hosts need it.

Which leads me to ask, who is your host?
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I guess because they're trying to see if there are any errors being generated by it?

I have exactly clue zero about all this. I'm a database developer LOL
                            The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

But why would there be any errors? Hundreds of Actinic stores use PayPal, mine's one of them. We don't have these problems.

Once again, who is your host?

Comment

Working...
                              X