No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments Config .... Pre Authorise Transactions or Charge Immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments Config .... Pre Authorise Transactions or Charge Immediately

In Business Settings under the Payment & Security Tab you have the option of

-Pre-authorise transactions

or

-Charge transactions immediately

Which of these is recommended and what are the benefits / features of choosing either option?

Do you get the option to cancel the transaction with pre-authorise if your product has gone out of stock for example.

Pre-Authorise allows you to allocate funds on the card, but only when you confirm the payment will the transaction actually go through - so if you go out of stock you can cancel and no money has moved. You can confirm the payment on the day of shipping. The authorisation will expire after a given period.

Charge Immediately is exactly that, the transaction is processed immediately - if you have no stock then you will need to process a refund.

You shouldn't be taking money without the customers consent if you don't have the goods available to ship.

Comment

I'm having a few problems with streamline and this pre-auth stuff. Seems like their making up the rules as they go along.

When i asked them to refer to references in their terms and conditions they simply state, "well, we can charge back for any reason, payment is not guaranteed"

I pre-authed a card but didn't debit it until about 3 weeks later due a paperwork issue with my supplier. The debit went through fine, but then i got a letter from streamline saying they were going to chargeback the amount. I called up and they informed me in this space of time the customer had cancelled the card!

I told them this not my problem and they have no right, asked them to refer to their T&C's etc. They said this feature is for Hotels etc and not really for my use....etc etc.. They told me i hadn't requested this feature and should have notifed them, i asked them where on their form it says i have to notify them.... Seems their T&C's only work 1 way.
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Working...
      X