Actinic Payments - Settled: No/Unknown & Actinic updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments - Settled: No/Unknown & Actinic updates

We are new to Actinic Payments, and I have come across several confusing points!

a) In Actinic Payments two transactions are showing as '?' No/Unknown in the 'settled' column. What does this mean?

Until yesterday, Actinic was set to Pre-Authorize payments. We changed it to Charge transactions immediatly, and then I had to go through and manually commit all the payments we have had so far in Actinic Payments.

b) In Actinic itself it still says 'pre-authorized' in the payament column or orders. Should it say full payment received now that I have commited all the payments?

c) One customer in Actinic Payments had their card declined. There is nothing at all in Actinic on the order that says payment has not gone through. Does this mean I need to manually check in Actinic Payments for failed card payments?

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Still confused!!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JFro View Post
      a) In Actinic Payments two transactions are showing as '?' No/Unknown in the 'settled' column. What does this mean?
      I can't remember the exact meaning off the top of my head but isn't this covered in the help?

Until yesterday, Actinic was set to Pre-Authorize payments. We changed it to Charge transactions immediatly, and then I had to go through and manually commit all the payments we have had so far in Actinic Payments.

b) In Actinic itself it still says 'pre-authorized' in the payament column or orders. Should it say full payment received now that I have commited all the payments?
      To get Actinic to corerectly record the status of orders youy need to do all of the operations through the Actinic desktop interface i.e. Commit all of the payments from there. If you Committed them from the Actinic Payments online administratioon area (WebMIS) then you need to manually adjust the payments in the desktop system for those particular orders. Just remember to always try to do everything related to payments inside Actinic from the actual order itself.

c) One customer in Actinic Payments had their card declined. There is nothing at all in Actinic on the order that says payment has not gone through. Does this mean I need to manually check in Actinic Payments for failed card payments?
      Does it say that Payment has gone through in the Actinic desktop system, or is the order "pending payment"? If it's pending payment then it means a successful payment was not received and the order will be dropped from Actinic automatically after a number of days, usually 30.

Chris

Comment

Originally Posted by JFro

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
        Quote:I can't remember the exact meaning off the top of my head but isn't this covered in the help?
        I think I looked at the time, and could not find an explanation. I will have to check the payments have come through - if they have, I'll ignore it!

Quote:

Quote:
        To get Actinic to corerectly record the status of orders youy need to do all of the operations through the Actinic desktop interface i.e. Commit all of the payments from there. If you Committed them from the Actinic Payments online administratioon area (WebMIS) then you need to manually adjust the payments in the desktop system for those particular orders. Just remember to always try to do everything related to payments inside Actinic from the actual order itself.
        We phoned Actinic about this, and were told to alter the setting in Actinic, and then to use the Actinic Payments panel to commit all the payments... seems there was an easier way! Does anyone know what will happen if I click commit on those orders now through Actinic (so they display full payment received) - it won't charge the customer twice will it??

Quote:

Does it say that Payment has gone through in the Actinic desktop system, or is the order "pending payment"? If it's pending payment then it means a successful payment was not received and the order will be dropped from Actinic automatically after a number of days, usually 30.
        That's a bit worrying, as we will have printed the order and may have sent it within 30 days! I guess I'll have to check there before I print off the orders if that's the only way I'll know.
        The latest one of these orders actually says 'full payment received' in the payment column in Actinic. When I log into the Actinic Payments panel (WebMIS) it says that the payment wasn't successful...

Comment

Working...
        X