hsbc and server time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hsbc and server time

is anyone else having an issue with hsbc at the mo?

HSBC are rejecting payments for a few of our clients saying the server clock is wrong. they say the clock has to be within one hour of BST as they run on BST.

Our servers are BST and we've checked they are fine. I've checked the server time against my pc which uses Internet Time (time.windows.com) they match exactly.

I seem to recall there being something within Actinic where it timestamps GMT.

I dont understand how this issue has arisen as our server clocks havent been changed, yet HSBC are claiming the issue is the server.

Hi Jo

I think the Actinic/HSBC system passes through our intermediate servers, on that basis I checked the times on each opf them and one had drifted out of sync because the NTP daemon (time sync) had died. I've reset it and will keep an eye on it.

Hopefully this resolves your issue
    Steve Wardell
    Operations Director

Comment

Perfect....

I'll get back to my clients..

Comment

This is very helpful, thank you. We have had so many failed HSBC orders in the last week that we swapped to AP as our main PSP. Will experiment with putting HSBC at the top of the list for 24 hours and see how it goes.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
        X