Searching for merchant account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for merchant account

Is it normal to be asked to pay the "setup fee" BEFORE approval is given?
    The Patchwork Rabbit

I wouldn't have thought so, although there probably would be an 'application fee' in advance.

Have you talked to a few suppliers? What do they say?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

If you're an FSB member you could consider Streamline - no set up fees and reduced rates.

Comment

I've spoken to a few, who've all mentioned a fee, but one of them specifically says it's payable in advance (£99!) with no refund for a failed application. That's with Voice Transact. Might give them a miss.

Not a member of FSB yet. Business is only really now getting good enough to support the membership fee

I'm now looking at Alliance & Leicester (Elavon) who charge £20 a month, but that includes transaction fees (1.7% and 18p), coupled with Actinic Payments for £100 p.a. (including 800 transactions p.a.) Seems the cheapest option at the moment. I bank with A&L already so hoping that will support my app.

Need confirmation that they're compatible (Actinic website seems to lead to that conclusion) before committing.
        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Join the FSB - http://www.fsb.org.uk/rates

£120 annual fee + £30 registration to join. Free Streamline IMA. Plus plenty of other benefits.
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
          X