X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accept recurring payments through Actinic via Paypal Express

Hello guys,

I need some advice here please.

I am trying to setup a recurring payments option on one of my sites, this would give customers the opportunity to pay for goods in instalments.

Having looked into this, I found that PayPal Express checkout can be set to accept recurring payment. My question is, can Actinic be modified to accomodate for this?

I have found this info on the PayPal website: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...#id086513007E9

But I'm afraid the jargon is a bit beyond me.

Can any of the developers here advise if this functionality can be integrated in Actinic?

Thanks.

Hello guys, anyone on this? I don't expect you to tell me how to do it (I am happy to be invoiced for that), all I need to know is if this could be done.

Cheers!

Comment

Here's how I see it:

1. Yes, this functionality could be integrated into the checkout scripts. Not so easy to do, but not beyond someone who understands the perl scripts. Norman Rouxel would be the first person I'd contact.

2. There would probably be no integration into the Actinic Desktop so it's going to be hard to monitor the status of payments. The order would need to be marked as 'paid' within actinic so you'll have no visibility of whether the staged payments have been made.

3. I'm not that sure that recurring payments in PayPal is suitable for paying for stuff by installments as I'd imagine it's easily cancelled by the customer. I'd be happy to use it for membership sites or magazine subscriptions where you can cancel the item if the customer stops paying. There may be nothing to this and I guess it's something you can track and control if the problem does arrive.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, it would be interesting to hear the opinion of one of the perl programmers on this site. The cancelling payments bit would not worry me as items would not go out till the full payment is reached.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X