Sagepay callback problem? Error 2147483638

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sagepay callback problem? Error 2147483638

Seems like this is well known, have seen other posts, but am posting again with my situation and hoping for a definitive answer

Upgraded a site from v7 to v10.

In doing so the old Protx URL issue was resolved.

Charge transactions immediately is set. (i.e. not pre-authorise)

Test order went through OK.

Real order (1st and only since upgrade) the customer got a 2147483638 error.
    Payment processed at SagePay successfully, order at Pending in Actinic.

From other posts, it looks like it may be an intermittent bug? Timeout on the callback?

Should I request a new secret key a la (post 11). Is that a universal panacea?

Cheers for looking, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

I'm guessing this might be the worms site?

Cart expired errors are often due to cookie problems from people mixing www and non-www settings in Actinic.

Hard to tell for sure without more details.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike

It's not the worms site, 'tis a flowers site

Why do you think it might be a cart expired error? The order is created, and the Sage Pay transaction completes, but the client gets this 2147483638 error, for which I haven't got the text in full, but it seems from other posts that it's a callback problem (from other posts):

You have been charged for this transaction although the Vendor may not be aware of this. Error code 2147483638
      The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.
      If it is cart related, would the mixing www and non-www be a .htaccess thing, or Actinic Network Settings?

Cheers
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Why do you think it might be a cart expired error?
        Just me trying to be clever and failing. The error log usually gives a clue as to what's happening and the worms site in your portfolio has a number of cart expired errors in there and these could lead to callback failures if Actinic can't find the cart / session file for the order.

As you say, previous error reports of this nature look to be a callback failure but I thought I saw the cause of these had been identified by protx and corrected at their end.

The error log for the site should give a clue as to what's happening. If it is a www. versus non-www. issue then it can be due to incorrect settings in the network settings. It's unlikely to be a htaccess issue unless the customer is trying to use a non-www. url to access the website.

I would check the error log and network settings first. After that I'd probably chase sagepay. If nothing else works then a change of secret key might fix it.

Mike

PS. Is a direct upgrade from V7 to V10 recommended? I vaguely remember something about this but it might have been V6.

EDIT: OK, Checked this and you can directly upgrade from V7 to V10. The recommended process is just a bit more complicated and is described in the release notes.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

would the mixing www and non-www be a .htaccess thing, or Actinic Network Settings?
          post your network settings (without passwords etc) so we can check for you.

there is something you can do either on your hosting control panel or via htaccess to ensure you dont get any stray www to non www - htaccess code is posted somewhere in the forum

Comment

You do know that whilst with V7 you need to edit the Ptotxotc file with V9 and 10 you just enter secret key etc on the Settings payment area
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
            X