Is there a problem with the banks at the moment - failing transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a problem with the banks at the moment - failing transactions

Does anyone know of any problems with the banks today?

I've had a couple of customers saying they can't place order because of timeouts (possibly on the 3d page).

If it was one customer I'd assume a problem with their card/PC, and if it was one PSP I'd assume it was the PSP having a problem.

But both customers have tried both SagePay and SecureTrading and all failed.

I remember on the news last week one of the banks systems failed and sainsbury's and B&Q amongst others couldn't process some cards, just wondering if this was something similar...?
    John

great this is now becoming a flood!!! time to turn the google ads off...
    John

Comment

Update from PROTX:

System Degraded
      Wed 13 Oct 2010 11:20am We are experiencing an issue with Visa 3D Secure Authentication. We are experiencing an issue with Visa 3D Secure Authentication.

Vendors may see an increase in timeouts due to an issue with 3D secure. All merchant banks are affected.

Investigations are now ongoing and we are awaiting an update from the merchant banks.
      John

Comment

Data centre outage somewhere?

Is anybody having a problem receiving payments today, 13 October? We use SagePay and are getting an unusually high number of failures and few successes. So far not received an email from SagePay reporting any failure anywhere, but usually these emails arrive well after the start of the problem. On a previous occasion a while ago it was the BT data centre somewhere in the London area. Has anybody heard anything or had a similar problem today?

Sarah

Comment

We had a customer at 6am who kept trying and failing - emailed SagePay at 9am but not heard back - there wasn't anything on their status page then either - at least they have noticed. Is it just SagePay - it seems to be one thing after another at the moment.
          =======================================
          Cater For You Ltd

Comment

See above for the info from their status page (added to their site at 11:20). No, not just sagepay, we use securetrading as well and had problems with both.
            John

Comment

Way Round

I have temporarily disabled the 3D Secure requirement, but want to put it back on as soon as the problem is fixed. I am still receiving some orders that are paying by PayPal, or by debit card. I emailed all the people who were making multiple attempts at payment earlier so that they know what is going on.

As SagePay have not as yet notified me in any way of the problem, I am unlikely to be notified when the problem is fixed.

It would be great if you could post on here if/when you know it is fixed so that I know! Thanks.

Sarah

Comment

I have no way of knowing either, other than to refresh the status page every so often. But if I see it change I'll update the thread...
                John

Comment

System Monitor

I am now able to access their System Monitor, so I can check what is happening. It is crazy that, though I have been a good customer of SagePay/Protx for years, that I have to create a new account as a new customer just to view the System Monitor!

Sarah

Comment

yeah, also crazy that they don't bother to tell us when their system isn't working.
                    John

Comment

update from sagepay:
                      System Normal
                      Wed 13 Oct 2010 4:15pm Issue with Visa 3D Secure Authentication, Resolved Issue with Visa 3D Secure Authentication, Resolved

The issue with Visa 3D Secure Authentication timeouts has now been resolved, the system is now working normally.
                      John

Comment

Hi John

We received a notification from one of the banks yesterday that there was an intermittant issue with Verified by Visa and it was resolved later on the same day.

Are you still experiencing problems, if so can you contact the SecureTrading support desk directly quoting your SecureTrading site reference and we'll investigate for you.

Kind Regards

Mark Gennoe
                        SecureTrading Support

Comment

Do secure trading have a status page like sagepay, so at least we can check if we have problems?
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X