Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Shared SSL

Hi,

We currently use Actinic Shared SSL which is about to be turned off any day now. Can anyone recommmend another shared SSL provider that are compatible with Actinic 8, running on Fasthosts servers.

We are currently speaking with Streamline about getting a merchant account but concerned this could take a few more weeks. I am kind of looking for a contingency plan in that if shared SSL gets switched off and we don't have a merchant account at that time we are dead in the water so to speak.

Appreciate any help or recommendations from anyone as what we could do.

Kind regards,

Christianne
    Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Fasthosts should be able to provide you with your own SSL, not so sure you will find a shared SSL provider any more, nobody needs one, hence the withdrawal of actinic's offering. With PCI compliance important the use of SSL to take payments should have stopped 3 years ago, your moving to a merchant account is a great idea. Take a look at actinic payments for a great integrated solution.

Why not add Paypal as a temporary measure until you are sorted out? 2 minutes to setup, free and works instantly.

Comment

IIRC fasthosts are the ones who have trouble with Actinic and SSL.

My best advice is to stop delaying on the PSP and just do it. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 days to get live as presumably you already have a merchant account (or how are you processing cards without one?)

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

We are trying to push Streamline as quickly as they can, but not much else we can do unfortunately. They don't say 2 to 3 days though, they are saying a couple of weeks.

Thanks leehack, I will have a look at the Fasthosts SSL and yes am aware of the many issues with Fasthosts reported on this forum and Actinic over the years. We have been running for a few years with them and not had much trouble to be fair....maybe trying to get SSL will be the start ?

Appreciate any help and advice, hoping Actinic will keep the SSL a little longer than it takes Streamline to give us an account.

Comment

Streamline do seem to drag their heels. You could add Paypal as a backup anyway though.

Comment

Are you moving to Actinic payments?
            Benjamin Dyer
            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

I am looking at all options, but whichever I can sort it out quickly is the ideal....why ?

Comment

If I were you I would do a google search for Andrew Dollamore and then make your mind up about Streamline.

Pluto

Comment

Originally posted by pluto View Post
                  If I were you I would do a google search for Andrew Dollamore and then make your mind up about Streamline.
                  Pluto
                  StreamlineNet are web hosts and not the same company as Streamline payment providers.

Comment

Sorry my mistake, unfortunate name choice for streamline payments

Comment

I don't think it will be too much of an issue for them, they've had the name for many years and besides it only seems to be yourself confused on the name.

Comment

final date?

I am aware that Actinic have *kindly* kept the service on beyond the original date.

My client has had to add PayPal while their bank finally does the paperwork (you would think they would be happy to earn their fees to fund bankers' bonuses).

Will Actinic tell us when the service is to be switched off?

Comment

We are working our way through the list of remaining users of the service turning a batch off every day. We are also calling people and trying to make sure they have alternative arrangements in place.

However, given that we informed people it was going off a year ago, it's pretty costly contacting everyone multiple times. For now, we are trying to just turn off those that already have something sorted. However, although we are trying to help, at some stage we will just pull the plug. We can't leave four servers running just for a handful of users. But I'm not sure whan this will be at the moment.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X