Actinic Payments - Altering a payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments - Altering a payment

I am having problems with two orders. One I needed to increase to postage cost, so I adjusted it manually in the order's Shipping & Handeling tab. It then said only partial payment had been received, so I added a new payment by viewing the payments in the Progress & Payments tab. Now, a few days on, I have checked the AP admin panel to check the payment has gone through, and I cannot find any evidance of it. Did I miss something?

Second, I have an order that I need to issue a partial refund for, as there was an error with quantities and the customer wants a refund for the items they did not recieve. I have marked the items as unshipped, and adjusted the amount occordingly. The system noted that £6 excess had been paid. I went to view the payments in the Progress & Payments tab & added in the refund as 'payment sent'. But again, this has not (so far) come in in the AP Admin panel. I have tried clicking 'Refund' on the Progress & Payments tab, but nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? From a busniess point of view, it doesn't look very professional!! Thanks

On your first point, once you have increased the shipping charge in the Totals tab, you need to click "Pay" in the Progress and Payments tab. Then you need to Commit the additional payment on the Progress and Payments tab. In my experience, sometime this still isn't enough to force the payment through so you need to do it manually in the AP control panel.

For the refund, you can do this through the control panel as well, once you find the individual transaction.

HTH
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You should be able to achieve both further payments and refunds using the "Pay" and "Refund" buttons. The system should calculate the correct amount once you have otherwise updated the order.

It's best to do this through the order processing facilities in desktop Actinic as it's quicker and means that everything ties together. For instance, the new reconciliation report (v10.0.2) should then correctly predict what will be paid into your bank.

Jules, I have never heard of a payment not going through when "Pay" is clicked, assuming of course that you proceed with the payment. If you have details of a case when this didn't work, please could you report it to Actinic support? I just wonder if it's something to do with pre-authorisng payments?

Chris

Comment

I'm not sure what it's to do with Chris, tbh. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Usually we only find out when the reconciliation doesn't tally and we find an odd payment is still awaiting committing, even though it's showing as such in the order itself.
        It's not a problem now that we're aware of it - we know always to check if we're adding a payment to an existing order.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Ok... I have attached two files, one showing the order I'm trying to add additional postage too, and the other showing the order I'm trying to partially refund. Both look ok, but I have not been given the option to go ahead and charge/refund the customer.

Neither the extra payment or the refund show up in the AP control panel, at least not that I can find!

Perhaps Jules has come across a similar scenario....

I have also had this problem before, don't know if it's related to the overall problem... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48178
          Attached Files

Comment

Both images you have attached show full payment received so the 'Pay' or 'Refund' button won't show, I assume this is because you have added the adjustments already manually. To be able to use them now will require you to remove the manual entries if you can, although I would process the payments through the Virtual Terminal for thse orders.

Adding the payments through the 'New Entry' button does not actually charge or refund any money you would need to do this through the AP admin/virtual terminal.

On a future order you should use the 'Pay' and 'Refund' buttons and not the 'New Entry' button, which should work as you expected.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

HI Guccij ,

Please can you contact me directly on cfsupport [@] actinic.co.uk so that i can get this issue investigated, please can you send me the transaction ID, exact date and time of an example order and the terminal ID.

Kind Regards

Claire
              Technical Support - SellerDeck
              http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Working...
              X