Payments sitting in Pending Area -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments sitting in Pending Area -

I have posted about this problem previously - but as our website is more information than sales it doesn't cause a problem on a daily basis. I find that when customers pay by HSBCe payments, their orders get stuck in the Payment Pending area. I end up having to email the customers to find out whether they aborted the transaction (surely they don't all do this?) - it is happening more and more. I don't know if I have misunderstood the way Actinic payments work - or whether I am just unlucky with them. The help area of Actinic isn't explaining anything to me - can anybody help please? I did phone Merchant Services not that long ago, and they said that if any small detail doesn't match, the payments are deemed 'fraudulent'.

I'm a bit confused by your post to be honest.

What does it say about these orders in https://www.secure-epayments.hsbc.co...C_Engine/20009 ? Are they in fraud review? Are you accepting them there?

Why are you emailing your customers? You have to take a judgement based on the info HSBC gives you about them as to whether you accept their pending payment or not.

If the customer has received an email order confirmation, then if you choose to accept their payment in Fraud Review, there's no need to contact them at all. If you reject their payment, and the customer has already received an email order confirmation, then you should be contacting them to tell them why you've not accepted the order.

The way we do it is this:
    If an order comes into PPSP, with no payment of any kind showing in HSBC, we ignore it. Usually the customer will try again using one of our alternative payment processors (AP and PayPal as it happens).

If an order comes into PPSP and shows in HSBC fraud review, then if it's address or zip match, or both (but flagged because of time of day, or different country to where card was issued), we accept it.

If it shows as none match, and it's a new customer, we email the customer asking them to provide the correct billing address within 2 days or the order will be cancelled. 90% of people comes straight back with the correct info. The ones that don't, we assume are either timewasters, less than bright, or fraudsters.

Fact: we have never had a chargeback through HSBC ever.
    Last edited by guccij; 16-Nov-2010, 07:46 AM. Reason: changed url
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

The payments don't show on the virtual terminal at all ! I emailed a customer earlier this week because the payment sat in pending for ages - and as I couldn't see any fraud report I decided that it could be that the customer had aborted the transaction.

Comment

Surely you're not saying there are no HSBC payments showing at all are you?

What happens when you place a test order? The best way to test is to order something and pay in full using your own card. If the payment does go through then you just need to cancel the order in actinic and do a refund in the HSBC virtual terminal.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We get about 1 in 10 orders come through with no payment via HSBC.

I follow similar rules to Guccij however where there is no payment showing I always ring or email - reason being most of my customers are women with small children. Quite often they didn't realise the order had come through, having aborted at the card payment time for one of varying reasons - usually baby screamed/needed feeding/needed changing, and then the payment screen timed out and they've simply not got round to re-ordering, so they're more than happy to save time and confirm the order and pay over the phone
          Miranda Stamp
          Twinkle Twinkle
          www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
          Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            Surely you're not saying there are no HSBC payments showing at all are you?

What happens when you place a test order? The best way to test is to order something and pay in full using your own card. If the payment does go through then you just need to cancel the order in actinic and do a refund in the HSBC virtual terminal.

Mike
            Thanks for the reply - yes, no payments showing. I have ordered using my own card (all 3 of them) and I think one went through, the others not, but that is a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda Stamp View Post
              We get about 1 in 10 orders come through with no payment via HSBC.

I follow similar rules to Guccij however where there is no payment showing I always ring or email - reason being most of my customers are women with small children. Quite often they didn't realise the order had come through, having aborted at the card payment time for one of varying reasons - usually baby screamed/needed feeding/needed changing, and then the payment screen timed out and they've simply not got round to re-ordering, so they're more than happy to save time and confirm the order and pay over the phone
              Miranda - exactly the same scenario as ours! Only our customers are averagely slightly older ladies who maybe aren't used to ordering online! I also follow up with a phone call, it really doesn't seem to cause any offence. Thanks for your message.

Comment

Working...
              X