Streamline £20 minimum charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamline £20 minimum charge

Has anybody else received a letter from Streamline telling them that from 1st April they will be applying a minimum monthly charge of £20.

I have two accounts (one for online orders & one for telephone order), the online account ss always above £20 but the telephone account is often less than £10 and a £20 minimum charge would make accepting telephone orders expensive unless I could put all orders through the same account.

I am with the FSB and am hoping it doesn't apply to FSB members but suspect it does.
    I might give them a call and check if the the £20 minimum applies to each account separately or the combined charges for both accounts.

Online link to the related webpage: www.streamline.com/L2JAN2011
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

With Cardnet, it's been 40 nicker for several years and, like you, we often don't make the mark.
    Recently, we set up a new payment method on one site and simply gave them the number of the little used account and presto! - no more minimum charge. No-one appears to have noticed, or give a fig ....
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

we've not had that letter yet but it's probably just not reached us here (yet!)

If that is the case, we'll be cancelling our MOTO one then because we rarely, if ever, use it and, if we do, the bill is usually in the pence LOL

Useful info for clients though. I would imagine many won't make the £20 mark on MOTO orders if they predominantly trade online/through website
      Tracey

Comment

Unless I failed to read the small print, I haven't had that letter either. We'll be cancelling our Actinic Payments MOTO account immediately if we do.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I have attached a copy of the letter for your information.

If I get time I will give them a ring tomorrow to clarify the situation.
          Attached Files
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Update:

I have today spoken with Streamline who have confirmed that the minimum charge would apply per account and not to the combined ecommerce and MOTO accounts, but forgot ask for confirmation if this was being applied to everyone as the letter suggested or only selected accounts.
            The customer service adviser also confirmed that I require two accounts if I take ecommerce and MOTO orders and cannot merge them into a single account.

I explained I was a member of the FSB in the hope that the charge would not be applied to FSB members and that I would have to close my MOTO account if a £20 charge was levied. I was asked for my FSB membership number and told that an account manager would call me back within 5 days to look at my account charges/processing fees as I have also tripled the turnover I put through Streamline since my original application 2 1/2 years ago and have not had an account review since.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Streamline have just put our payment rates up by an average of about 1% for each card type which will have a huge impact on our bills.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Do you mean for example 2% to 3% of the sale value or 2% to 2.02% of the sale value?

Comment

Just to conclude this thread, I can confirm I have today received a letter in the post (instead of the telephone call back expected) outlining my new reduced rates after reviewing my account and the 'Minimum Monthly Service Charge' is shown as £0.00.
                  As an added bones the debit cards rates have been reduced by 7p and credit cards by 0.30%, so if you have increased turnover since your last review it is worth asking for an account review.
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

we've just received the FSB magazine and one of the articals is that the streamline/sagepay set up is going to "remain the same" for members, and they plan some "new features" later this year.

Comment

I read the same and have not heard of anybody else who has had a letter imposing the £20 minimum or found any other recent forum posts on the net, so it seems to have been a one-off case despite what the letter claims.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Is this account charge payable only if you fail to turnover £x per month.

I've just established new Streamline accounts, and was told of this account charge, but given that my turnover on both MOTO & Internet accounts was over the threshold, it wouldn't apply.

It's probably another instance of them actively exploiting new start businesses, given that historically they'll be gone in 2 years!
                        "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Originally posted by gpzzone View Post
                          Is this account charge payable only if you fail to turnover £x per month.
                          No, it was just a minimum monthy Streamline charge, so if you processed 20 debit cards at say 30p proceesing fee per transaction your monthly charge would be £6.00 but would be rounded up to £20.
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Hi

I have four accounts with streamline 2 PDQ machines one at each shop and web and moto.

I get statements for each account and we had not got any letters from streamline.

The web account is around the £20 mark some times under and moto account is always under £20.

Maybe it people only have online accounts.

Elliott
                            Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X