SagePay to Actinic Payments - any advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SagePay to Actinic Payments - any advice

I am currently running SagePay/Streamline for my payments on a v9 store (www.lifeworkpotential.com), but have taken a look at the video for Actinic Payments and it seems like it will save me money and time.

getting online payments going all those years ago with SagePay was a truly hideous process - has anyone done this change and if so any advice/feedback?

thanks
    Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

My only advice would be do it NOW rather than do it later because, if you leave it til later, you'll wish you'd done it earlier!
    IYSWIM
    Tracey

Comment

we did it a few months ago, streamline took about two weeks to set up new merchant account numbers(no explanation as to why so long after years of using them) after that easy peasy, only difference is a extra day to get the dosh to LLoyds

No Regrets
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

that's enocuraging that you both recommend Actinic payment.

Chris - What did you do re payments in the two weeks it took to switch to AP?
        Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Stayed with sagepay, when you get your new merchant account number you tell actinic what it is then they say what date you can start using actinic from, we then just bit the bullet and deleted sagepay and started actinic but you can run both together untill you are happy all is OK

Aparently the reason you need a new merchant account number is that once allocated they are fixed to that PSP, might just be a streamline thing and as FSB member you get free changes anyway
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

We experienced the same. Had to get new merchant accounts from Streamline to use with AP.
            Like Chris said, they're free if you are an FSB member anyway.

We did run our Sagepay and AP side by side for a few months until we were happy all was working well.
            We just moved it down the Payment options list and had it there as a backup for a while
            Tracey

Comment

thanks, I am an FSB memeber (what a great organisation - it saves me loads of money) - I hadn't thought of running both!
              Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Working...
              X