GC Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Questions

After all the hype & grief expressed in the 2007 wishlist thread, is anyone actually using Google Checkout? Shoot me down by all means if I'm not understanding, but:

1. Where, in Actinic Help, the KB (PSP pages), the AUG, or anywhere on the Forum (Google Search: API, callback, "google checkout") does it tell you what the heck the API callback URL is supposed to be? (Using the Paypal answer causes an error).

2. Why, in the automatic V10 integration, does it add a GC button to every page of the checkout - meaning, potentially, a customer can enter their name & address and click 'GC' before they get to the next page that calculates shipping according to location... GC then defaults to the non-communication value set.

3. How do you get rid of that? Removing the button from 'Shopping Cart' in the Design Tab removes it from the other Checkout pages.

4. Anyone else have these difficulties? Answers on a postcard....
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

I've not come across a customer using it, the only person i have heard is/was using it was Darren. I seem to recall he said you needed to buy SSL to use it properly. I think the ship sailed on it somewhat, people were clambering for it when the promotions were around and it snowballed into the whole world wanting it, when in fact not many were that bothered. The time it took to integrate was obviously key too.

You can wrap a blockif around code so that it only shows on certain pages, for checkout pages you can use something like:

Code:
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Checkout Page 0'
    changing the page name to suit the pages accordingly. The names of the pages are as you see them in the drop down list on the design tab.

My feelings are that the immense amount of time it took to add was just not worth it in the end and if the clock could be turned back, i'd much prefer that year of coding (i think thats was how long it took) for one person to go on other things. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

Comment

Niche site with SSL, implemented yesterday, seven orders, one GC = 15%.

Unfortunately that one only charged £1 for delivery!

Points taken, interested to see what others have to say....

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
      X