Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you recommend for Merchant Numbers

Hello all,

Would any of you be kind enough to offer me some advice please. I have a Lloyds business account, and for the last 4 weeks have been in talks with Cardnet to obtain my merchant numbers so that I can get AP set up, unfortunately Cardnet have become useless to say the least and I can not spend any more time with them.

Can anyone please offer me some advice on who best to contact for reasonable prices for my merchant numbers, and will this mean that I have to move business banks.

i am sorry to ask here but feel that this would be the best place now to go.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks
    Lee
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

If you're an FSB member then you'll get preferential rates with Streamline. You shouldn't have to move banks.

Comment

I think the merchant accounts are still free with FSB / streamline so if you join FSB you get the benifit of both free account number and great legal advice if required
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Gents, I have completed the form for the FSB so will go down that route.

Thanks again
        Lee
        Many Thanks
        Lee
        www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

FSB memebers can also get free banking for life from the Co-Op Bank - I don't have a branch near me but do it all via the web apart from the odd query when I phone them.
          Good bank, good service and it's ethical banking - what more could you want
          Jane Thurnell-Read
          200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Thanks Jane,

I have someone from the FSB in on Friday so hopefully if all goes well will be sorted, thanks again to all I would not have given them a thought otherwise.

Cheers
            Lee
            Many Thanks
            Lee
            www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

beinga a member saves me £1000s every year and they were briliant when I had a staff problem too. Joining the fSB is really a no-brainer for us small businesses
              Jane Thurnell-Read
              200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

I can certainly recommend the FSB / Streamline route for a merchant account to avoid costly setup fees and bank processing rates. We have plenty of merchants using our gateway that have done this successfully. Be sure to show the FSB logo on your website if you do become a member as this certainly carries recognition as you will have been approved by one of the leading UK businesses organisations.

HSBC also seem to be doing better rates at the moment and if you apply via ourselves we can often get the setup fee reduced.

If you are yet to find a payment gateway then feel free to take a look at our offering by clicking the link in my signature. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Simon
                TotalWebSolutions.com
                Payment Gateway 300 transactions per month just £10 (10p/trans if over 300)
                No Setup Fee - No Charge for Declines - PCI Level 1 - Integrates easily with Actinic - Virtual Terminal option - UK Support

Comment

i use streamline and coop, i nominated my local post office to pay cheques into as i dont have a coop bank on my door step.

the only thing is streamline are going to start charging for moto merchant accounts if you dont have many orders via this, i dont so am going to give this up. ill stick with the ecommerce one though

Comment

Working...
                  X