Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal API settings - No seller protection

Hi Everyone

This is the first time i have posted on here but i hope you will be able to help me.

Paypal is my only payment provider on my website at the moment, i have become aware that i am not eligible for the seller protection because my website is not fully communicating with paypal, paypal has told me that i need to enter the API settings so that they can verify the address my customers are giving to me as the same one on their paypal account. I have contacted actinic who have so far said it isnt possible to enter the settings (as far as he knows)..
    I dont feel like they have been to helpful so far, its like you ask a question a get a completely unrelated answer.
    Does anyone know a way around this, is it possible? Is there an upgrade/plug in?

Any advice or thoughts would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Long-standing issue. It can't be changed. Maybe in some future farfaraway release but not at the moment.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

its been a while but this should do it

Edit the paypal order script file and comment out the following line

Code:
      AddPostValues ('&', 'no_shipping', 1, $ALWAYS, $NOENCODE); # don't use paypal's shipping calculator
      This should then verify the customers address and your payment confirmation from paypal should then come through with seller protection (not everyone but most will)

hope this helps, and take a back up before doing any perl edits
      Darren

Comment

Do you then have the problem of a buyer being able to select a different delivery address on the paypal site to that specified during checkout causing potential confusion.
        I intended to apply the fix last year until I realised the potential problem and decided against it in the end.

I think the code posted was originally provided in this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=8162
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

This works. Darren, thank you so much

Edit - for the other Darren - yes you can change the delivery address in the PayPal checkout. We will be keeping at eye on this.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks to everyone who replied, i changed the code as stated and it is working fine so far. I am surprised that the original post (link above) was in 2004 and actinic have not fixed the problem, when i contacted them, they didnt seem to know anything about it..
            But anyway thanks again,
            I appreciate everyones help

Michelle

Comment

We have changed our custom PayPal page to say something like "We use the address details you provided on our website to process your order so any changes you make on the PayPal pages will be ignored."

Comment

Hi guys,

sorry for the newb question, but which file should I be editing to make this change?

I dont wanna change the wrong one!

thanks

Mario

Comment

This one: OCCPayPalTemplate.pl

Comment

Is that file located in the Site folder or the Actinic program files?

Comment

the site file under the commonocc directory

Comment

Working...
                      X